Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to give a quick summary of what has occurred here so that those too lazy to read the whole thread understand the different claims and counter claims which have been made.

1) I questioned Mr . Russell's claim that he was a BJJ black belt under Mr. Damon(who Jay said was a Carlson Gracie BB). My basis for this was that Mr. Damon had just been promoted to a BJJ black belt by Team Balance, while training with/at Ken Kronenberg/TaiKai.

2) I submitted evidence that a Mr. Sanzo, a certified Carlson Gracie affiliate and former student of Jay's, had contacted the Carlson Gracie federation. The federation denied knowing of either Jordan Damon or Jay Russell.

3) Mr. Russell and Mr. Anthony (Jay's employer and the owner of Jay's gym NYJJ) came onto the forum and said that I and (I guess Jay himself, based on that myspace link) was confused and that Jordan was a Tai Kai Blackbelt all along. That Tai Kai used to be under a different affiliation than Team Balance and back then is when Jay and Jordan were promoted.

4) I contacted Mr Ken Kronenberg, who is the owner/operator/instructor of Tai Kai. He admitted to knowing Jay but said he had not seen him in ten years. Furthermore he was SURE that neither he nor Jordan Damon had promoted him, as Jordan had just received his BJJ BB.

5) There was then speculation about whether Mr. Damon possibly had a BJJ BB from someone else or perhaps another art.

6) Mr. Kronenberg came on the forum and clarified that Jordan Damon's ONLY BJJ BB rank had just been given to him and NO ONE from Tai Kai had ever promoted Jay. Further, that the belt Mr. Damon was wearing in various pictures was either a Kempo BB or perhaps a belt from a hybrid JJ style which was not BJJ. He also was vehement about being SURE that Mr. Damon has never said his BJJ rank was anything other than it was.

7) We await comment from Mr. Russell and/or Mr. Anthony.

If I've left anything important out, please let me know.
    Last edited by Dojostormz; 9/23/2010 12:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems someone has pulled the plug on Mr. Russell's Myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/russell_jiujitsu#ixzz10NCMJhzr

Good thing that I screencapped it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.nyjiujitsualbany.com/node/20

Mr. Russell is also no longer listed as a Jordan Damon BB on his website, or as a BJJ black Belt at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A composite image showing the difference in the NYJJ page.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kakronen View Post
    First here is a pic of a kempo black belt

http://www.karateconnection.com/blackbelts.html

it looks very similar to a bjj belt.
    It looks like it's got a simple, unadorned red sleeve on it.

Click on the pic in the newspaper link to enlarge it and you'll see that the belt around Jordan Damon's waist has a red sleeve bordered by a couple of little white bands.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS03/309249987

Now look at this Team Balance lineage list to which Jordan Damon's name will soon be added. Do you see the little white borders on the red sleeves of the belt icons?

http://balancestudios.net/about/bala...ge-migliarese/

Interesting coincidence, no?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 1:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    It looks like it's got a simple, unadorned red sleeve on it.

Click on the pic in the newspaper link to enlarge it and you'll see that the belt around Jordan Damon's waist has a red sleeve bordered by a couple of little white bands.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS03/309249987

Now look at this Team Balance lineage list to which Jordan Damon's name will soon be added. Do you see the little white borders on the red sleeves of the belt icons?

http://balancestudios.net/about/bala...ge-migliarese/

Interesting coincidence, no?

Remember, Mr. Kronenberg didn't say it was specifically a Kempo belt. He said it might have been and then showed they looked similar. It's also possible that was a belt form Mr. Damon's hybrid JJ style.

As far as the Team Balance representation of a BB, with the white at the end of the red, as a BJJ player you should know that BJJ belts are commonly represented that way. It's not unique to Team Balance.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 1:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojostormz View Post
    As far as the Team Balance representation of a BB, with the white at the end of the red, as a BJJ player you should know that BJJ belts are commonly represented that way. It's not unique to Team Balance.
    You do know that is exactly what he is drawing attention to? He is pointing out, for others that do not practice BJJ or didn't notice, the difference between a Kempo belt as alluded to by kakronen and a BJJ BB.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 2:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You do know that is exactly what he is drawing attention to? He is pointing out, for others that do not practice BJJ or didn't notice, the difference between a Kempo belt as alluded to by kakronen and a BJJ BB.

The way I interpreted it was that he was saying that the belt Mr. Damon was wearing was a Team Balance style BJJ belt. That it was unique to team balance.

I was just pointing out that it is a generic JJ style belt, not tied directly to Team Balance.

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 2:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been following along with this thread since it was started. To say that I feel deceived, hurt, and disappointed is an understatement. No one can understand how I feel. This thread has made it very clear that I have been disowned by the people who did give me my blackbelt. Jordan Damon was like a brother to me and to see that he is denying my lineage is probably the most hurtful thing that has ever been done to me. What hurts me more is that people now doubt me. I swear on my life that I am a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt under Jordan Damon. Both Jordan Damon and Ken Kronenberg were blackbelts when I received mine. This was somewhere around the year 2001. Since this ordeal started on the internet Jordan called me and left a message on my machine saying sorry for the way things are going but I'm with balance now so I can't give you rank because I just got mine, the rank I had before wasn't accurate. I assume this is the same situation with Ken Kronenberg. I have found two articles stating this information, http://home.cogeco.ca/~mmafighter/instructors.html. and [/COLOR]http://www.onthemat.com/articles/Bri...1_01_2003.html[COLOR=#000000]. I have also found numerous articles written about Ken stating he was a Tai Kai Machado Black belt in 2004. This is very strange since he was promoted by Phil in 2007. Look on the internet and see how many black belt fights Jordan did throughout the years. The picture on here doesnt lie not only was he a blackbelt but he had stripes on his belt. Ken and Jordan are trying to hide this scandal from everyone because they want to save themselves. However they are ruining my name by doing this. I hate to call both of these men out but I have no choice. Its either them or me and I am not going to sacrifice all that I have worked for for two people that are ruining my life. I am now in a very tough situation and dont know what to do. Why would I want to represent Jordan Damon now? He has lied to everyone and they are all trying to cover up something. Was he never a real BJJ Blackbelt? Is my belt not real? What do I do from here. I have talked to my boss at New York Jiu Jitsu and have explained this all to him and until this mess is cleared up he has removed my lineage and rank from all material. I have only told my employer and students what I was told by Jordan Damon and that is, that I am a Black Belt under him.
    Last edited by jnp; 9/23/2010 4:17pm at . Reason: Changed text color from black to white to make post visible

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kakronen View Post
    he has always and always said his correct rank in BJJ and has not tried to deceieve anyone whatsoever. there is no deception to uncover.
    So if someone had asked him a year ago what his correct rank in BJJ was, he would have said that he was something other than a black belt, correct? So then why on God's green earth would he put on a black belt from some other art and pose for a newspaper photo accompanying an article about the opening of a Relson Gracie affiliate school whose specialty is BJJ?

Even the infamous Gene Simco, after having begun to teach BJJ wearing his traditional jiu-jitsu black belt, later voluntarily "stripped himself" of that belt and resumed teaching wearing his BJJ purple belt.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast