Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:32am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joecos View Post
    Mr Kronenberg called Kempo a hybird JJ style, which is both incorrect, and Kempo does not use this belt patch.

I'm relatively certain he was listing separate styles. At least that's how it read to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kakronen View Post
    3) Jordan has Black Belts in many styles, Kempo, a hybrid Jiu jitsu style.
    I interpret that as a short list.

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK

First I have very limited time to keep responding. I am a special education teacher during the day, I have 3 children, and also own a martial arts school. I initially tried to stay out of this because people were asking about Jay which is not my concern. Once they starting asking about Tai Kai, Balance and Jordan that is why i decided to post
    First here is a pic of a kempo black belt

http://www.karateconnection.com/blackbelts.html

it looks very similar to a bjj belt. I was also making a list of Jordans black belts, kempo, a hybrid jiu jitsu style. I should have been more clear. If Jordan every wore a pink, gree, camaflouge , or any type of belt in the last 10 years he has always and always said his correct rank in BJJ and has not tried to deceieve anyone whatsoever. there is no deception to uncover. Jordan was recently promoted to black belt so he has multiple black belts now. That issue should just be done with now. I am sure Jay will come on here and state that no one from Tai Kai including to Jordan has ever promoted him to a BJJ Black Belt. There is no misunderstanding. I have spoked with Jordan today and he has been trying to contact Jay to come on here and end this so we can all go back to training jiu jitsu.

anyone feel free to email me with any questions

kakronen2@yahoo.com

Ken

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK

First I have very limited time to keep responding. I am a special education teacher during the day, I have 3 children, and also own a martial arts school. I initially tried to stay out of this because people were asking about Jay which is not my concern. Once they starting asking about Tai Kai, Balance and Jordan that is why i decided to post
    First here is a pic of a kempo black belt

http://www.karateconnection.com/blackbelts.html

it looks very similar to a bjj belt. I was also making a list of Jordans black belts, kempo, a hybrid jiu jitsu style. I should have been more clear. If Jordan every wore a pink, gree, camaflouge , or any type of belt in the last 10 years he has always and always said his correct rank in BJJ and has not tried to deceieve anyone whatsoever. there is no deception to uncover. Jordan was recently promoted to black belt so he has multiple black belts now. That issue should just be done with now. I am sure Jay will come on here and state that no one from Tai Kai including to Jordan has ever promoted him to a BJJ Black Belt. There is no misunderstanding. I have spoked with Jordan today and he has been trying to contact Jay to come on here and end this so we can all go back to training jiu jitsu.

anyone feel free to email me with any questions

kakronen2@yahoo.com

Ken

Thank you for the clarification.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 11:12am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RachaelK View Post
    What the picture of Jordan Damon shows is that he was wearing a black belt well before his recent promotion.
    Given that you share the same IP address as Mr. Russell, it's safe to assume you're posting from the same network or, more likely the same PC.

I would like to hear from Mr. Russell again concerning the information which has been brought to light.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkJiuJitsu View Post
    Back then, in order to become a black belt it had to be done at the main Tai Kai academy which was located in Delaware. To make it official Jay and Jordan both traveled to Delaware where Jay was promoted to Black Belt by the head Tai Kai instructor.
    So have you since been able to ascertain who that head Tai Kai instructor was?

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojostormz View Post
    Note the Team Balance sign in the background. This is getting weird.
    In the newspaper article accompanying the posted pic of Jordan Damon wearing a black belt, it was confirmed that the facility was indeed a Team Balance affiliate:

"Jiu-Jitsu Nation, which opened Sept. 8 [2009], is affiliated with Team Balance, a franchise of Brazilian jiu-jitsu schools based in Philadelphia. They teach the school of jiu-jitsu called Gracie jiu-jitsu."

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

...he has always and always said his correct rank in BJJ and has not tried to deceieve anyone whatsoever. there is no deception to uncover. Jordan was recently promoted to black belt so he has multiple black belts now. That issue should just be done with now. I am sure Jay will come on here and state that no one from Tai Kai including to Jordan has ever promoted him to a BJJ Black Belt. There is no misunderstanding....
    (my bold)
    This seems to contradict what it says on the Myspace page, no?
    Jay Russell is a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu under Jordan Damon (a Carlson Gracie Jr. Black Belt)...

http://www.myspace.com/russell_jiujitsu#ixzz10NCMJhzr

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    (my bold)
    This seems to contradict what it says on the Myspace page, no?

http://www.myspace.com/russell_jiujitsu#ixzz10NCMJhzr

And other places. He has repeatedly claimed to be a BJJ Black belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    In the newspaper article accompanying the posted pic of Jordan Damon wearing a black belt, it was confirmed that the facility was indeed a Team Balance affiliate:

"Jiu-Jitsu Nation, which opened Sept. 8 [2009], is affiliated with Team Balance, a franchise of Brazilian jiu-jitsu schools based in Philadelphia. They teach the school of jiu-jitsu called Gracie jiu-jitsu."
    Yup, thats been cleared up it seems. The BB Mr. Damon was wearing in that picture was a Kempo BB apparently.
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast