Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2010 3:32am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo club "92"

I've been training at "92" for a few months now, and must say that I've thoroughly enjoyed myself so far.

The school is run by 4 black belts, and also has two Nikkyu-level sempai on most classes. We're weirdly newaza focused, to the point that one of the black belts, Nenad ("Ned") constantly reminds us that "Judo is as much ground as it is clinch."
    The guy LOVES his newaza.

Warmups are intense, and the instructors will constantly light a fire under your lower back side.

Aliveness:

A 9. Training includes both tachi and newaza randori, often linked to simulate actual SD situations/competition strategies.

Grappling:

The grappling instruction is well thought out and includes throws (duh), set ups to throws, newaza but also armlocks and wristlocks from hold downs (e.g. Kesa Gatame), probably because of the two local police officers who train with us. Both of them also enjoy training in our club, and have told me that it is some of the best training around. I'll give it a 7 because we haven't attended any big competitions or had somebody fend off a crackhead with a knife. But stay tuned.

Atmosphere:

A 10. Everyone is encouraged to man up and work hard. For example, apping out to a pin is frowned upon. You're encouraged to fight it for the whole 25 seconds. Instructors and sempai are alright folks.

Instructor-student ratio:

Class can get a bit big, but the instructors do a really good job of making sure that everyone gets good training.

Equipment/Gym size:

A 6 for both of them. Since the gym is part of a firehouse/police station, they have it as a dedicated space for training grapping based DT. The gear is somewhat worn. We also have some weights and chin up bars in the back.

Fight team:

We have a comp. team which has guys
    from sankyu/nikkyu to dan-level judoka who attend all of the local competitions, and some larger regional tournaments.

Training times:

Mon/Wed/Fri 7:30 pm - adults only

Tue/Thu 7 pm - kids/adults - mixed class
    Last edited by judoist; 9/21/2010 4:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 2:16pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Location?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 3:48pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEdge883 View Post
    Location?
    Adress: Nade Tomic 14 (Fire station)

City: Nis, Serbia

If someone happens to be in Nis, get a cab and tell the driver to drive you to the fire station. Drop by, I am around on Mondays and Fridays, and sometimes on Wed. I accidentally typed "BB" in the adress on the original review.