Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 10:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what style, really

So general question. Clearly on this site its natural to somewhat pre-judge someone's knowledge by what is in their style field, particularly if involved in a debate. I know i didn't feel comfortable putting BJJ in my field until i felt like i was very involved and starting to aqcuire some knowledge of it which for me was about 6 months into training. For example, I have recently sparred kickboxing 1-2 times a week for about 3 months. Not much learning techniques (i was in a foreign speaking country), i just jumped into sparring with the guys. I feel that this hardly makes it appropriate to put kickboxing in my style field. Also i took my first Judo class a couple days ago, but i don't know jack so i won't put Judo in my field. At what level of training should someone be at before they put the art in their style field? Not an important question, I'm just curious and bored.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 10:24am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfingaz123 View Post
    So general question. Clearly on this site its natural to somewhat pre-judge someone's knowledge by what is in their style field, particularly if involved in a debate. I know i didn't feel comfortable putting BJJ in my field until i felt like i was very involved and starting to aqcuire some knowledge of it which for me was about 6 months into training. For example, I have recently sparred kickboxing 1-2 times a week for about 3 months. Not much learning techniques (i was in a foreign speaking country), i just jumped into sparring with the guys. I feel that this hardly makes it appropriate to put kickboxing in my style field. Also i took my first Judo class a couple days ago, but i don't know jack so i won't put Judo in my field. At what level of training should someone be at before they put the art in their style field? Not an important question, I'm just curious and bored.
    Even if you're a BJJ noob you're still training BJJ, right? So why shouldn't you list it as your style? If you really wan't to make it clear that you've just started training, you can add "noob".

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever you're either doing regularly, or have a major background in, is what your should go in your style field.

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 11:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So does this make my style UFC 2010 (for the 360)?