Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 2:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any good Kali schools in Austin that teach Panantukan?

Im looking for a kali school in Austin that teaches panantukan as well. Im not going to always have a weapon with me so i would like to know the more empty hand side of kali.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 8:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A guy I train BJJ with who goes by the username Naszir will be able to answer this. I've always wanted to learn Panantukan or Dumog, so I'm interested in the answer too. I'll drop Naszir a line and ask him to respond to this thread.

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 8:44pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there are a few different answers. If you want a straight kali program that has empty hands application as well, Guro Leslie Buck's Pekiti Tirsia school up north is great. If you are open to JKD concepts FMA with panantukan as an aspect then you have Adam Ganshirt's Academy which has amazingly solid muay thai. Larry St. Clair has a JKD Concepts gym up north also. Ray Parra's School down south is reputable as well. Of these, the ones that I have personally interfaced with are Guro Leslie and Adam. I have sparred with students from the other two as well. I had the best experiences with Leslie's and Adam's guys and that is no dig at the other two, your experience may be different. Selfcritical was a student at Tactical Arts and Martial Way so he can shed a ton of light on this as well.

I hope these are of some help to you. Welcome to Bullshido and let us know how your training goes.

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Naszir. That was really helpful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 8:12am

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are multiple great options in the Austin areas as has already been pointed out. Good luck in your training and I hope that you enjoy FMA!