Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has an arhat?!?

    I AM SO FUCKING JEALOUS. FILLED WITH BUDDHA-ENVY.

  2. #22
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You probably don't know anything about Bhuddism but envy is not very Bhuddist of you. Just sayin.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    He has an arhat?!?

    I AM SO FUCKING JEALOUS. FILLED WITH BUDDHA-ENVY.
    possibly.... or he has an asshat the stakes are large here! enightenement through the stream or yet another troll.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

  4. #24
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    You probably don't know anything about Bhuddism but envy is not very Bhuddist of you. Just sayin.
    Tibetans wear funny hats.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Tibetans wear funny hats.
    yes and according to many they have funny Buddhism.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    302
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome fanboy.

    Here at Bullshido, we like Muay Thai and respect it as a style.

    If you do not agree, and cannot disagree without starting yet another ragethread, please piss off.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    ...A backflip into a knee, countered by ANOTHER backflip to make some kind of fucked up throw?

    Only that Kenichi.
    There is but one true Kenichi.


  8. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    40
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peoples do the killing, not the martial arts. If I were to think your way, Thailand`s many lost battles equal bad martial arts. Quoting Britannica Online Encyclopedia Thailand was :

    `part of the Mon and Khmer kingdoms from the 9th century ce. Thai-speaking peoples immigrated from China c. the 10th century. During the 13th century two Thai states emerged: the Sukhothai kingdom, founded c. 1220 after a successful revolt against the Khmer, and Chiang Mai (which evolved into the kingdom of Lan Na with Chiang Mai as its capital), founded in 1296 after defeating the Mon. In 1351 the Tai kingdom of Ayutthaya (Siam) succeeded the Sukhothai. Myanmar (Burma) was its most powerful rival, Burman armies occupying it briefly in the 16th century and destroying it in 1767. The Chakri dynasty came to power in 1782, moved the capital to Bangkok, and extended its empire along the Malay Peninsula and into Laos and Cambodia. The empire was formally named Siam in 1856. Although Western influence increased during the 19th century, Siam’s rulers avoided colonization by granting concessions to European countries; it was the only Southeast Asian country able to do so. In 1917 Siam entered World War I on the side of the Allies. Following a military coup in 1932, it became a constitutional monarchy and was officially renamed Thailand in 1939. It was occupied by Japan in World War II. It participated in the Korean War ; a member of the UN forces and was allied with South Vietnam in the Vietnam War. The country subsequently became a regional economic powerhouse, though serious social problems also emerged, including a growing gap between rich and poor and a major AIDS epidemic` (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...89625/Thailand)

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,945
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by riduan View Post
    Peoples do the killing, not the martial arts. If I were to think your way, Thailand`s many lost battles equal bad martial arts. Quoting Britannica Online Encyclopedia Thailand was :

    `part of the Mon and Khmer kingdoms from the 9th century ce. Thai-speaking peoples immigrated from China c. the 10th century. During the 13th century two Thai states emerged: the Sukhothai kingdom, founded c. 1220 after a successful revolt against the Khmer, and Chiang Mai (which evolved into the kingdom of Lan Na with Chiang Mai as its capital), founded in 1296 after defeating the Mon. In 1351 the Tai kingdom of Ayutthaya (Siam) succeeded the Sukhothai. Myanmar (Burma) was its most powerful rival, Burman armies occupying it briefly in the 16th century and destroying it in 1767. The Chakri dynasty came to power in 1782, moved the capital to Bangkok, and extended its empire along the Malay Peninsula and into Laos and Cambodia. The empire was formally named Siam in 1856. Although Western influence increased during the 19th century, Siamís rulers avoided colonization by granting concessions to European countries; it was the only Southeast Asian country able to do so. In 1917 Siam entered World War I on the side of the Allies. Following a military coup in 1932, it became a constitutional monarchy and was officially renamed Thailand in 1939. It was occupied by Japan in World War II. It participated in the Korean War ; a member of the UN forces and was allied with South Vietnam in the Vietnam War. The country subsequently became a regional economic powerhouse, though serious social problems also emerged, including a growing gap between rich and poor and a major AIDS epidemic` (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...89625/Thailand)
    YouTube - bill and ted woah

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bentonville, Ar
    Posts
    482
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like another TMA "we have teh D3adly and you guys are just a sport" thread to me. They're never going to get it guys.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO