Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 11:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai / Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Muay Boran and Chaiya were used to Kill

Simple Answer: Muay Boran and Chaiya were used to Kill during times of war Muay Thai is restricted by rules.

The Style of Boran utilizes joint manipulation, limb destruction and lethal blows that will kill, and knowing the pressure points of the body. It is very too the point, kill as many people as you can in the fastest manner on the battle field. For those of you that doubt my answer do your research and then make an educated response. This is what my Ajahn has told me and others that are proficient in both arts.

Therefore Muay Boran cannot be used in the ring because it is a true martial art where rules do not apply, you could even gouge someones eyes out if you choose. This is why anything in the ring is sport and you will never see a true martial artists in the ring that confines themself to rules!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 11:19am

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ooh this is going to be fun! :5bouncy:

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 11:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kundalinimonk View Post
    Simple Answer: Muay Boran and Chaiya were used to Kill during times of war Muay Thai is restricted by rules.

The Style of Boran utilizes joint manipulation, limb destruction and lethal blows that will kill, and knowing the pressure points of the body. It is very too the point, kill as many people as you can in the fastest manner on the battle field. For those of you that doubt my answer do your research and then make an educated response. This is what my Ajahn has told me and others that are proficient in both arts.

Therefore Muay Boran cannot be used in the ring because it is a true martial art where rules do not apply, you could even gouge someones eyes out if you choose. This is why anything in the ring is sport and you will never see a true martial artists in the ring that confines themself to rules!!
    god I wish I was a true martial artist not confined to rules and stuff. Of course If I was in the battlefield and had a kill quota I wouldnt be using Muay Boran I would hit them with a stick or something.

Actually My Muay thai coach loves the Krabi so I suppose I cannot bag Muay boran too much lest face his wrath.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 12:29pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not reading all this crap but the actual battlefield style is Krabi Krabong which includes weapons extensively. All the Muays are old regional styles. Muay Thai is the national ring version.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I'm not reading all this crap but the actual battlefield style is Krabi Krabong which includes weapons extensively. All the Muays are old regional styles. Muay Thai is the national ring version.
    Iíve never studied Krabi Krabong formally, but I have the Dog Brothers DVD of it taught by Ajarn Arlan Sanford, and thereís lots of video of the training in Thailand. Iíd just like to point out that real krabi doesnít seem to have the trademarks of Muay Boran (ie running up onto peopleís knees to knee or elbow their head) but it does have trademarks of muay thai (ie hip powered kicks with the shin, head clinches with knees, teep to the chest etc).

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 1:27pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 1:33pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple Answer...
    Shut up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 4:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    muay thai vs. Muay boran - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Here you go, your own thread for the deadly.

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 4:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SO FULL OF HERO WORSHIP I LISTENED BLINDLY TO HISTORY LESSONS FROM MY OWN TEACHER AND DIDN'T DO ANY RESEARCH OF MY OWN RARRGGHHHHH

Yes, that is all. Thread done.

Also, dip it in resin then glass.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 5:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Therefore Muay Boran cannot be used in the ring because it is a true martial art where rules do not apply, you could even gouge someones eyes out if you choose. This is why anything in the ring is sport and you will never see a truemartial artists in the ring that confines themself to rules!!
    Welcome oh drinker of cool-aid.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast