Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 12:04pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    GSP seemed fairly silent throughout the first show, aside from making the bad prediction on the mohawk guy.
    Yeah, but I take that to mean he was paying very close attention. I may as well admit it now, I'm thoroughly a GSP fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I can't wait for the episode where Koscheck tries to rape choke one of the opposing coaches.
    I am ashamed at how much I want to see that bit of man drama. It is exactly the kind of thing I’ve bitched about for at least three years now, but I’m ridiculously curious about the bug that crawled up Koscheck’s butt...perhaps the opposing coach said “what’s the matter, did the invisible man knee your head again?”
    Quote Originally Posted by foxd View Post
    Anyone catch how exactly he did that trick guillotine? He was talking kind of fast.
    Keep an eye out for a rerun of this episode; they seem to rerun the first episode of each season right before the second episode. Anyway, there’s actually a great camera angle of the grip Cody used to apply his modified guillotine.

Side note: I found it interesting that a Francophone Montréaler like GSP said “gill-o-teen” instead of “gi-yo-teen.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 12:07pm

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering about that, too. Maybe it entered into the lexicon as Gill-otine so thoroughly that people forget the actual execution device and pronunciation preceding the martial arts technique, even Mr. pierre.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 12:20pm

Style: ASU Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I saw the modification. He had his hands palm to palm with his knuckles pointed at his own chin, kinda like he was praying... praying for death that is... mwaohaaahaha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 3:55pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The way Koscheck tells it, GSP may be the champ, but he's boring. He's boring as a person, and as a fighter." (mmafighting.com)

I see that. I dont think the fans getting to know GSP better is going to do any favors for GSP. I see koscheck coming off better in pretty much every way... personality,coaching,etc.

the Bruce Lee kid suprised me. He has a good scramble man...he was out positioning that guy left and right. Only weakness I saw was his punching...good kicks but backing up weak punches.

That first fight was hilarious, the guy that got ko'ed in 13 seconds said before that if this doesnt work he may have to find another career field....HAHA...Ya think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 5:06pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason123 View Post
    "The way Koscheck tells it, GSP may be the champ, but he's boring. He's boring as a person, and as a fighter." (mmafighting.com)

I see that. I dont think the fans getting to know GSP better is going to do any favors for GSP. I see koscheck coming off better in pretty much every way... personality,coaching,etc.
    Could be, but that all depends on how Koschek handles his end. For all the annoying camera whoring Tito used to do the guy actually cared a lot and was a good coach. If Koschek keeps the smack meter maxed out the whole time but doesn't get his fighters over he'll just come off looking like a dick.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    yeah, it's really interesting. his record is extremely unusual. i'd love to see him guillotine his way to being the champ. it'd be amazing.

but you can't be a one trick pony. i'm expecting someone else on the show to be a higher level of competition than what he is used to.

some photos for analysis:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 7:09pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like he's using that grip to push his forarm up into the guys neck. I may be wrong but that finger lock looks kind of vulnerable if the elbow was pushed out.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 8:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post

This is so freaking creepy.

Dude looks like a clone of mine.
    (Well, when I had long hair, a few years back.)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats probably not something you should be proud of dude. although im sure your mother still thinks youre handsome.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not big on TUF..but I did watch this last night just because GSP is one of the coaches. That 13 second KO must be a record..
    Look at the fighters ..some with green hair, some with red hair, some who look like they should be working in a record store instead of fighting MMA. What a strange assortment of guys.
    I can do without the house drama and all the petty BS that goes on between the guys, but it sure provides some match ups where the fighters are hungry and fresh, ready to rock. I like that part of it, I just wish it wasn't so ..I don't know, sensationalized and dramatic. It bugs me whe the guys get drunk and start acting like idiots calling each other names and telling each other how they are going to make each other their 'bitches'. The sport is good enough without the sideshow and I think people who watch it with passing interest get turned off by this.
    But, it must not matter much considering the popularity of the sport is through the roof.
    Anyhow, I hope GSP's crew cleans up..Koscheck is a dick.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast