Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 5:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    really? he got decked twice in the first round, and if Barry werent such a huge cro cop fanboy he would have finished him in yet another one sided beatdown. Mir will kill Crocop imo.
    +1

What I remember the most from that fight was how Barry seemed more eager to hug and hi-five CroCop than to actually fight him. It felt almost as if he lost on purpose, to not break the heart (and career) of his old idol.

And yeah, Mir will destroy Crocop. I actually think he has as good a chance of knocking him out as submitting him. Crocop is not as fast, aggressive and agile as he used to be.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cro cops defense was always his weakest point, he holds his hands low, has slow reactions, panics a bit while being hit and his chin isnt that great. what kept him in the game was how aggresive he was. now that he sits back and waits for... im not sure what, he gets smoked.

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 6:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 4:37am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want Cro Cop to win soooo bad.

Back in the Pride days Mirko had excellent takedown defence, he'll need to keep this standing if he's going to beat Mir.

YouTube - Cro Cop - Best Highlights

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 3:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mir really doesn't stand to gain anything from this fight. If he wins, he beats a guy who's got one foot out the door to retirement anyway. And he's already proven he can't hang with the kind of powerful wrestlers that populate the title picture, if beating Crocop would even put him back into contention. And if he loses, well, he just got beat by a guy who's not even half of what he used to be.

This is all assuming the fight actually goes down, that is.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Mir will kill Crocop imo.
    Because knocking down a sick man walking at you with his hands down and his chin up in one fight, then landing an overhand left with your eyes closed in another, is all you need to be a MASTER MMA STRIKER.

Mir tends to fall apart mentally at the first sign of adversity
    ("Okay, now I'm big and strong just like Brock! Ha ha! Now I'll clinch up with Carwin and muscle him into the cage....OH DEAR LORD I'M BEING THROWN AROUND LIKE A TODDLER TRYING TO FIGHT OFF A FORTY YEAR OLD PEDOPHILE") then he freezes like a deer in the headlights, then he loses the fight (see also Lesnar 2, Pe de Pano, Vera)

I think if Mirko lands a solid kick to the head, thigh, or body, even if Frank blocks, he's going to go "*(&&%^! This guy kicks hard! I didn't know he was gonna kick THAT hard!" then he's gonna freeze up, then.....

But it is entirely possible I am allowing my completely irrational hatred of Frank Mir to cloud my judgement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 5:22pm

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mir probably wins but I won't exactly be heart broken if CroCop head kicks him.

Bader vs Nogueira - I'm taking a wait and see stance. Really just interested to see how it goes.

Serra vs Lytle - I've like both fighters. I have no real basis for this one.

Sherk vs Dunham - I'm going with Sherk, maybe because I suffer from stubby arms as well and I just like seeing that not hold him back.

I just don't want Guillard to be submitted. I don't really care about any other fights really. There is potential for some of them to be good.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 5:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Because knocking down a sick man walking at you with his hands down and his chin up in one fight, then landing an overhand left with your eyes closed in another, is all you need to be a MASTER MMA STRIKER.
    what the **** are you even talking about? of course he isnt a master mma striker. it doesnt matter. or did you miss the fights cro cop has had in the past few years, where he showed his total lack of will to fight?

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 9:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO Cro Cop's biggest problem is psychological in nature. Watching his fights in UFC made me wish I had a PS controller that is wired to Mirko's brain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2010 10:59am

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    IMO Cro Cop's biggest problem is psychological in nature. Watching his fights in UFC made me wish I had a PS controller that is wired to Mirko's brain.
    Xbox for me
    I think its over for CC
    Mir has a decent striking game but will most likely take it to the ground, I mean why wouldn't he.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast