Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dirty fighting?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dirty fighting?

So i am mainly a BJJ guy and I like the sport side. But recently I started looking at doing some striking and stand up stuff. I am curious what others can provide as far as arts or techniques to look in to. Maybe Ameridote? ;) (lol just kidding I know it is fake). Just curious what is out there in terms of quick techniques and stuff I could learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere between a baguettte and a croissant
    Style
    Yoseikan Budo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is easy to foresee the fact that most people here are going to tell you to look at Muay Thai or Western boxing, as these two striking arts have been proved effective and are widely available. Plus they fit well with BJJ in general

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karish View Post
    It is easy to foresee the fact that most people here are going to tell you to look at Muay Thai or Western boxing, as these two striking arts have been proved effective and are widely available. Plus they fit well with BJJ in general
    True. But I feel like both don't have a reliance or focus (traditionally) on dirty strikes :)

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muay Thai, Boxing and similar are good striking arts but learning the non sport aspects of BJJ is not going to hurt you.

Style
    Jacket wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dirty enough for ya?

Serious standard bullshido response. If you're skilled at hitting a moving target that's trying to hit you back, it's up to you if you want to hit a clean or dirty target.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forget 'nads and throats, learn liver shot. Kick or uppercut. See Overeem v Lesnar, for example.

Style
    MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say MMA, or Muay Thai rather than strictly boxing. Working with the clinch, and knees is a better addition than learning to strike without it.

I'm all for the self defence side of BJJ, however. It's a big part of our curriculum.

Style
    Kyokushin, Wrestling, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by remington50 View Post
    So i am mainly a BJJ guy and I like the sport side. But recently I started looking at doing some striking and stand up stuff. I am curious what others can provide as far as arts or techniques to look in to. Maybe Ameridote? ;) (lol just kidding I know it is fake). Just curious what is out there in terms of quick techniques and stuff I could learn.

Maybe Krav Maga is what you are looking for. Never taken it myself but from what I've been described there are plenty of "dirty attacks" etc.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your BJJ coach is probably the best person to show you where that stuff can fit into the base you're already developing. I know there's a million RBSD guys that insist that sport jiujitsu guys don't know anything about "dirty fighting", but that kind of knowledge is know by plenty of BJJ coaches. I'd say they're as knowledgeable about "dirty fighting" as the self defense guys who make dirty fighting their emphasis.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Your BJJ coach is probably the best person to show you where that stuff can fit into the base you're already developing. I know there's a million RBSD guys that insist that sport jiujitsu guys don't know anything about "dirty fighting", but that kind of knowledge is know by plenty of BJJ coaches. I'd say they're as knowledgeable about "dirty fighting" as the self defense guys who make dirty fighting their emphasis.
    Most folks consider strangling a person unconscious "dirty fighting". Add in snapping joints, and there you go.

Personally, I would be more concerned with being able to defend strikes and close distance (as a grappler) than getting fancy with the fisticuffs, and how to cover yourself on the ground from strikes.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 2 12 Last