Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,622
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    It's not the time to discuss climate change

    The excuse the republicans keep using about climate change, well other than it doesn't exist is that it's not time to discuss. So I'm just curious when is it time to discuss?? When we are all dead by wildfires, hurricanes, heatwaves, etc, etc, etc?? Maybe our new EPA chief will save us : http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ate-change?amp. No I guess not.

  2. #2
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The excuse the republicans keep using about climate change, well other than it doesn't exist is that it's not time to discuss. So I'm just curious when is it time to discuss?? When we are all dead by wildfires, hurricanes, heatwaves, etc, etc, etc?? Maybe our new EPA chief will save us : http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ate-change?amp. No I guess not.
    The climate is essentially changed for thousands of years.

    Going back to pre-industrial levels of CO2 right now (in other words, make all people disappear, more or less), and it would be hundreds of years...

    I'm not advocating NOT lowering greenhouse gas emissions, just that we need to be realistic about expectations even if significant (on paper) changes are made.

    The problem is too many people, and the population is continuing to increase.

    What you gonna do about that?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #3
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,622
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The climate is essentially changed for thousands of years.

    Going back to pre-industrial levels of CO2 right now (in other words, make all people disappear, more or less), and it would be hundreds of years...

    I'm not advocating NOT lowering greenhouse gas emissions, just that we need to be realistic about expectations even if significant (on paper) changes are made.

    The problem is too many people, and the population is continuing to increase.

    What you gonna do about that?
    I'm hoping for a technological save of some type, but that's not going to happen when half the country thinks the problem doesn't exist. That fat **** Rush Limbaugh said the hurricanes were fake news meant to propaganda for climate change. I notice he still decided to evacuate though.

  4. #4
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,357
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The climate is essentially changed for thousands of years.

    Going back to pre-industrial levels of CO2 right now (in other words, make all people disappear, more or less), and it would be hundreds of years...

    I'm not advocating NOT lowering greenhouse gas emissions, just that we need to be realistic about expectations even if significant (on paper) changes are made.

    The problem is too many people, and the population is continuing to increase.

    What you gonna do about that?
    The old conservative policy of "**** those future generations" was more tenable when we weren't really feeling the effects of global warming. But we're past that point- the effects are becoming the current generation's problem rapidly.

    The defeatist notion that it'd take hundreds of years to reverse is only true if we do the minimum. There are more approaches than simply reducing greenhouse gases. And its not like it took hundreds of years for anthropogenic global warming to have noticeable effects.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    E = m *c *c. {m = water and earth}.

    There's so much more energy in the water now.

    Hotter earth? Humans can deal with it.

    Hotter water? Nope.

  7. #7
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm hoping for a technological save of some type, but that's not going to happen when half the country thinks the problem doesn't exist. That fat **** Rush Limbaugh said the hurricanes were fake news meant to propaganda for climate change. I notice he still decided to evacuate though.
    Geoengineering solutions are fraught with their own problems as well particularly geo political or sociological problems.

    I think that Rush is a big fat clown however what he said was itself subject to fake news reporting.

    Mostly his own fault because he's pretty much an ignoramus about anything to do with science.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The old conservative policy of "**** those future generations" was more tenable when we weren't really feeling the effects of global warming. But we're past that point- the effects are becoming the current generation's problem rapidly.

    The defeatist notion that it'd take hundreds of years to reverse is only true if we do the minimum. There are more approaches than simply reducing greenhouse gases. And its not like it took hundreds of years for anthropogenic global warming to have noticeable effects.
    You might want to look into the carbon cycle in Resident times for carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

    I don't want to f*** future Generations at all.

    However we have to be realistic about what is going on.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #9
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Entropy. /thread
    Now that's a long-term outlook...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #10
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    E = m *c *c. {m = water and earth}.

    There's so much more energy in the water now.

    Hotter earth? Humans can deal with it.

    Hotter water? Nope.
    Last time I checked water was part of the Earth. Kind of interconnected into a whole system.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in