Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    The great electoral collage debate

    I had to google "carharts".

    Turns out, Carhart is based out of Michigan, which is hardly a consistent "red" and definitely not "south".

    Michigan was mostly blue during the Clinton administration and most of Obama's term.

    Michigan even went to Gore.

    Trump only won MI by 0.23% of the vote.

  2. #2
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,620
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I had to google "carharts".

    Turns out, Carhart is based out of Michigan, which is hardly a consistent "red" and definitely not "south".

    Michigan was mostly blue during the Clinton administration and most of Obama's term.

    Michigan even went to Gore.

    Trump only won MI by 0.23% of the vote.
    You are obviously NOT a redneck if you don't know what Carhartts are...

    Anyway,


    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/michigan
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #3
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,653
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    You are obviously NOT a redneck if you don't know what Carhartts are...

    Anyway,


    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/michigan
    Holy hell 2016 was the year of the hillbillie.

  4. #4
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,620
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Holy hell 2016 was the year of the hillbillie.
    The year the Electoral College worked as intended, too...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #5
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,046
    Style
    judo hiatus
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Holy hell 2016 was the year of the hillbillie.
    Says the guy who can't read a map or spell hillbilly.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am definitely not a redneck. I don't own a truck.

    Unfortunately most of that red on the map reflects very low population density. In fact your map suggests there are nothing but red voters in the very underpopulated Mojave desert.

    A vast majority of voters are in those blue bastions, not to mention if you were to zoom in further and colored by capita per square mile, most of the country would be purple cubes.

    The idea that most of the country consists of red voters is proven inaccurate by the popular vote. If the country were colored in based on that, it's also be a nice shade of purple.

    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    You are obviously NOT a redneck if you don't know what Carhartts are... Anyway, https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/michigan

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Holy hell 2016 was the year of the hillbillie.
    Na, then graphic he's using is not represenatitve of anything other than a majority (50%+).

    In fact a majority of the red districts had voting tallies that differed by less than 2%. Michigan's total for all that red...0.23% difference.

    Anyways...wrong thread for this convo I guess.

    Stop posting stupid ****.

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,620
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I am definitely not a redneck. I don't own a truck.

    Unfortunately most of that red on the map reflects very low population density. In fact your map suggests there are nothing but red voters in the very underpopulated Mojave desert.

    A vast majority of voters are in those blue bastions, not to mention if you were to zoom in further and colored by capita per square mile, most of the country would be purple cubes.

    The idea that most of the country consists of red voters is proven inaccurate by the popular vote. If the country were colored in based on that, it's also be a nice shade of purple.
    The Electoral College worked as designed is my point. The map illustrates one aspect of the data. There are others out there that show other aspects.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #9
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,620
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Na, then graphic he's using is not represenatitve of anything other than a majority (50%+).

    In fact a majority of the red districts had voting tallies that differed by less than 2%. Michigan's total for all that red...0.23% difference.

    Anyways...wrong thread for this convo I guess.

    Stop posting stupid ****.
    You are correct, wrong thread. I'll stop now.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #10
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,653
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Says the guy who can't read a map or spell hillbilly.
    I prefer it as hillbillie, I'm not sure why it just seems more hillbillyish?? My OCD sometimes overrides my spelling.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in