Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2013 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 168: Weidman vs Silva 2

The end of the fight year is upon us and the most anticipated fight of the year will be here in six days. I will be committing sacrilege and skipping this one. I'm war weary from too many high ppv bills and the UFC adding 5 bucks to this one because they know people will pay it. Here's the full fight line up.

Main card
    Weight class
    Middleweight Chris Weidman (c) vs. Anderson Silva
    Women's Bantamweight Ronda Rousey (c) vs Miesha Tate
    Heavyweight Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne
    Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Fabrício Camões
    Featherweight Dustin Poirier vs. Diego Brandao
    Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
    Middleweight Chris Leben vs. Uriah Hall
    Lightweight Gleison Tibau vs. Michael Johnson
    Featherweight Dennis Siver vs. Manvel Gamburyan
    Welterweight John Howard vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
    Preliminary card (Online)
    Welterweight William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
    Featherweight Robbie Peralta vs. Estevan Payan
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

game dog

Posted On:
    12/22/2013 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Altough I believe Weidman will beat Silva again... it still feels funny to see the (c) next to his name. By the way, what do you guys think of the "instant rematch" habit that seems to creep into the UFC? Does every champion really have to beat each contender twice? Should a challenger have to beat the champ twice to really become the champion?

Anyway, this looks like an awesome card. As much as I've come to dislike Ronda Rousey's personality, she's still going to steamroll over Miesha. Should be fun to watch. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Siver in the cage again...
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/22/2013 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    leben vs hall? fucking awesome.

also i predict rousey by whatever she wants and anderson by whatever he wants.

Posted On:
    12/22/2013 6:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agree with Alex on all Counts. This Card looks really good, with two championship bouts on one Card. Also very interested to see how Barnett will fare against Browne. I believe and hope he will splat him however he wants.

I see no reason why Rousey should not beat Tate convincingly Again unless Tate has picked up a decade or so of elite judo skills since the last time they fought. I also believe that Silva is going to get in there wanting to fight rather than dance and prove Weidman's last win to have been a Lucky shot.

Which is a shame, because the division is a lot more interesting without Silva at the top.

Instant rematches for getting knocked the **** out in the first round is some major old bullshit, by the way. Should have fed Bisping to Silva and then have him rematch for the NeXT match after that, if Weidman still held the belt by then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2013 6:17pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Richie View Post
    By the way, what do you guys think of the "instant rematch" habit that seems to creep into the UFC? Does every champion really have to beat each contender twice? Should a challenger have to beat the champ twice to really become the champion?
    I personally think rematches can be warranted if they were incredibly close. Not as much a fan of the rematches that happen only because of a fighter's popularity. I can understand Silva's, however, considering he was considered the #1 P4P fighter in the world (even if that idea is a circle jerk) and easily one of the best MMA fighters of all time.

I'm excited about the rematch. Chris Weidman showed he has the ability to not get baited into swinging wildly by Silva's taunting, and did exactly what you are supposed to do against a counter attack heavy fighter: pressure them, but intelligently/strategically.

That being said, Silva is the top striker in MMA for a reason. He was winning the second round handily until he got carried away with the showing off (though anyone who says he shouldn't be doing that at all simply doesn't understand how crucial that is to Silva's strategy and how effective that is against most MMA fighters). I think Silva will come back as good as we've ever seen him and win this bout decisively.

Leben vs Hall has the potential to be amazing. I had high hopes for Hall, and still think he can do well. Rooting for him to win and live up to his potential.

I'm also excited to see Poirier vs Brandao. Both are incredibly exciting, I think it was a smart move by the UFC to have them open up the main card. The featherweight division in general is just full of exciting fighters and probably my favorite at this point.

game dog

Posted On:
    12/23/2013 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    leben vs hall? fucking awesome.
    Yeah, that should be good. Leben's aggression is going to force Hall to not play around. Either Hall withers under the pressure, and Leben whoops him, or Hall unleashes the beast and knocks Leben out - either way, it should be fun.

also i predict rousey by whatever she wants and anderson by whatever he wants.
    Disagree on the Anderson prediction. He's a good actor who can downplay moments of weakness really well, but the way I see it, he did try to knock Weidman out in the first fight - he just didn't land any of the strikes that would have made a difference. I don't think that going in there KNOWING that Weidman can knock him out cold is going to make it any easier for Silva. Also, that combination that knocked him out was brilliant - if it had been Silva doing it, everyone would have celebrated him as a genius again, but since it came from Weidman, people dismiss it as a fluke. It wasn't.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Posted On:
    12/26/2013 2:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Predator's predictions:

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2013 7:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prelims are on

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2013 7:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peralta by KO it was a nice back and forth with each fighter keeping the other on the ground for periods of time. Patolino by murder he destroyed and dominated his opponent with strikes for 15 minutes.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/28/2013 8:41pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More than anything I'll be glad when this is over so I won't have to hear the godawful screaming music they chose to promote this fight. **** me.
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast