Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The 'brown' choke

One of the more famous urban legends - Steven Segal says he can't be choked, LeBell says he can be and turns his lights off while Segal 'goes to the bathroom there'.

Question: Does anyone know is something like that possible?

I mean, I know that when you die (in car crash for example, sometimes naturally) or in moments of extreme fear,... it's not unusual for a person to pee himself as some muscles get relaxed too much. So to add a brownie seems plausible while getting choked.

Can any expert choker validate, that there is a choke that can achieve what Gene claims (distinct one or usual ones we learn with proper tightness, technique,... relaxing body muscles enough) at the will of the one applying the hold or at least can lead to this result in some cases? I would like to know without volunteering for a test subject :-).
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 12/21/2013 2:34pm at .

Style
    Judo, Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about the brownie, but I've seen people pee themselves when choked out. Seems feasible if the hopper was loaded.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My thoughts exactly.

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Possible, not because of the choke itself but by fear.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somebody posted a video on here recently of Gene Lebel choking someone out in a demo and the poor kid loses bladder control. So it's a real documented phenomenon.

I cannot recall which thread though. I'm also glad I didn't have to clean those mats...

Style
    Prying Mantis Kung-f, SBD
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean this?

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    That's the one!

Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Adrenal response. Some people, when injected with an amp of epinephrine(adrenaline to you folks), will literally **** themselves. Other effects are elevated BP, flushed skin, increased heart rate, pissing and getting an erection. Cleaned too many patients to forget those things.

IIRC, Gene Lebell said that he can choke you two ways: nice and gentle, sending you to sleep and getting you to piss yourself.

Same things happen in executions by hanging. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Possible, not because of the choke itself but by fear.
    Almost did myself on my first day of BJJ. I was going like "What that hell am I doing letting others too near my neck?" Had the same sensation slightly when visiting the barber.

I cut my own hair now.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    Other effects are elevated BP, flushed skin, increased heart rate, pissing and getting an erection.
    I call that action the "David Carradine"

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to confirm, peeing oneself after being strangled unconscious absolutely. Never seen a "brown out" though.

Good reason to empty the bladder and bowels before training for sure !

Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki in his Ippon Series book on Shime Waza describe the possible effects. In Japanese judo colloquy being choked out is known as "Ochiru".

I've been choke out many, many times, most recently while teaching one of my younger students. Never pissed myself though (yet).
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last