Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Munoz

We have another Saturday 10/26/2013 with the UFC. Even though I want Munoz to do well Machida better win after losing to Phil Davis. I really need to know if Machida has become an anachronism due to his Karate style attack in modern mma. Really want to see if Guilliard can manage not to screw up against Pearson here's the line up.

Main Card (Fox Sports 2)
    Weight class
    Middleweight Lyoto Machida vs Mark Muñoz
    Lightweight Ross Pearson vs. Melvin Guillard
    Light Heavyweight Jimi Manuwa vs. Ryan Jimmo
    Lightweight Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
    Middleweight Alessio Sakara vs. Nicholas Musoke
    Flyweight Phil Harris vs. John Lineker
    Preliminary card (Online Prelims)
    Lightweight Al Iaquinta vs. Piotr Hallmann
    Middleweight Luke Barnatt vs. Andrew Craig
    Women's bantamweight Rosi Sexton vs. Jessica Andrade
    Featherweight Andy Ogle vs. Cole Miller
    Featherweight Jimy Hettes vs. Robert Whiteford
    Middleweight Brad Scott vs. Michael Kuiper

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 9:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pumped for Alessio Sakara. It's fascinating to think he's had an eight year tenure with the UFC, especially considering how cut-happy the promotion's been at times. I saw him in the first event I ever bought live (UFC 60) and he's still around today. He made his UFC debut in UFC 55, and is essentially the only man besides Chael Sonnen from that card still involved with the organization. That was the event where Sean Gannon fought on the undercard and Paul Buentello took on Andrei Arlovski for the heavyweight title.

The sport might've drastically changed over the years, but Sakara's presence always remained a constant.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/23/2013 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    surely a must win for him after 3 straight losses? is he being fed a can to put him back in the W column? He is exactly the kind of fighter the UFC desperately want to keep hold of, big draw for italian fans and fans in general because of his style of fighting. i hope he hangs around.

Im gonna go against the grain here and say I hope Machida loses again. I find his style of fighting extremely boring to watch. dancing around waiting for an oppoprtunity to land the noe hitter quitter doesnt make interesting tv to me, and im not even sure how he keeps getting main event slots when he tends to stink the place up unless he is getting KTFO.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/23/2013 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He always struck me as someone who got by in the UFC by the skin of his teeth. Despite his potential drawing power with Italian fans, I can't imagine that his head wasn't perpetually on the chopping block. He has a 6-7-0 (1 no contest) record in the UFC, and most of his losses have come in the first round. He'd probably be gone by now if he hadn't almost beaten Patrick Cote before getting DQ'd. He actually signed a four fight contract extension right after that fight.

I saw his fight with Thales Leites live. Leites was fresh off of his loss to Anderson Silva, and everybody hated him. A marginal amount of people cheered for Sakara just because he was Leites opponent. By the end of the fight, though, everybody was booing because virtually nothing happened. The only applause that occurred during the fight was for the referee when he admonished the fighters for not engaging. I was the only one who was invested in the action because even back then I was fascinated by Sakara's career. When his hand was raised, I was the only dude in the goddamn stadium to applaud. I later learned that this was basically a loser-leaves-town match, and that Sakara signed his new contract in the locker-room (If I remember correctly).

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 9:34am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully with the move down to Middleweight, Machida will be less hesitant to be a little more offensive. The guy still has it. In my eyes, he could easily become champion of the division.

As always, rooting for the local and my good friend's training partner- Andrew Craig

Posted On:
    10/24/2013 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCesar View Post
    Hopefully with the move down to Middleweight, Machida will be less hesitant to be a little more offensive. The guy still has it. In my eyes, he could easily become champion of the division.

As always, rooting for the local and my good friend's training partner- Andrew Craig
    I thought Machida did pretty good in LHW, at least until he got corpse choked by Jones. It does seem like he fights a little overly defensive though. Especially with his hands he seems reluctant to commit to a power strike, of course I could just be talking out of my ass here. Anyway I hope he can win another title since it makes me feel better about practicing karate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2013 2:41am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... Machida has definitely had little trouble adjusting to his new weight class. Though he did like a bit gaunt in the post fight interview, but thats probably to be expected after your first weight cut to a small division.

Also, that call against Guillard was... unfortunate.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2013 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly missed all the prelims anyone know where I can "acquire" them please feel free to share. Lineker takes out Harris with a gut punch man those body shots need to be used more. Musko by arm bar but boy did Sakara almost drop him and give him a run for his money. Manuwa the leg killer strikes again poor Jimmo and since MFC head is a dick he can't go back if he gets cut. Barnatt continues to amaze with his English JiuJitsu but Craig took some big shots without going down. Melvin was heading for a win too bad about the DQ. Man this is why Lyoto is the dragon and Karate is relevant again woo hoo!

Posted On:
    10/27/2013 5:48pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I really want to like Machida, but he makes it so damn hard. The KO was pretty sweet, but right up until then it was the same old ****; 3 minutes of sweet ****-all. I don't know, maybe it's because him and Munoz are training buddies, but he threw pretty much three kicks, and Munoz didn't do a damn thing either.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/28/2013 7:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, **** that guy for first round KOing a top five fighter without getting touched. What's "set up"? That **** sounds like it's for faggots, bro.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast