Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Spirit of Snake posseses martial artist!

MMArtists BE WARNED -- In this compelling video, Mr. T. Rodriguez, a martial artist from South Africa, recounts his possession by a snake spirit as a result of engaging in martial arts. Though a sports-oriented martial artist, he stated that he allowed the demon in by practicing kata and meditation. The video also dramatically depicts his exorcism by a minister, in which the loathsome snake spirit comes wriggling out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2013 3:28am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a South African (To my shame when I see this sort of horse ****).

Sadly this kind of attitude is not uncommon back home, my parents put me in TKD instead of Shotokan as a kid because someone had told my mom that Shotokan was a gateway to eastern religion.

There's also this idea that meditation opens you up to possession because you "empty your mind" and thus make it open for demons.

I weep for my country.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2013 9:21am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I'm a South African (To my shame when I see this sort of horse ****).

Sadly this kind of attitude is not uncommon back home, my parents put me in TKD instead of Shotokan as a kid because someone had told my mom that Shotokan was a gateway to eastern religion.

There's also this idea that meditation opens you up to possession because you "empty your mind" and thus make it open for demons.

I weep for my country.

This type of attitude is certainly not limited to South Africa. I posted this because, among some Christian religious circles, martial arts is seen as a positive force -- here's a video from Bullshido.net showing "Christian Martial Arts."

But in other religious circles, its perceived as a gateway to satanic forces. I've come across the attitude that meditation and other New Age stuff is tantamount to devil worship, but here I was intrigued by the fact the individual in question practices sports oriented martial arts, and didn't strike me particularly as a "mystical" kind of guy. Hard to say if he is sincere in his belief, emotionally disturbed, or brainwashed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2013 1:11pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have this sort of wackos here too. The problem is, a priest is still a powerful local figure in some places, as this country is heavily catholic and can thus have a lot of negative influence on people, sponsors,.... and consequencially the clubs

Repent you filthy satanists before it's too late!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 1:19am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    This type of attitude is certainly not limited to South Africa. I posted this because, among some Christian religious circles, martial arts is seen as a positive force -- here's a video from Bullshido.net showing "Christian Martial Arts."

But in other religious circles, its perceived as a gateway to satanic forces. I've come across the attitude that meditation and other New Age stuff is tantamount to devil worship, but here I was intrigued by the fact the individual in question practices sports oriented martial arts, and didn't strike me particularly as a "mystical" kind of guy. Hard to say if he is sincere in his belief, emotionally disturbed, or brainwashed.
    Just wanted to say that Meditation isn't always New Age. Some new agey people might do meditation and be all weird with it, but a lot of people meditate without it becoming a joke. Damn hippies. Ruining stuff for everyone else

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 2:39am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no doubt that meditation and martial arts benefit person, as meditation is in one way or another used by psychiatry to treat anxiety, depression,.... just that it's called 'authogene training' or something. And I know quite a lot of ex-'bad apples' (junkies, criminals, even mongoloids and people who have to live with retardation...) who got their lives sorted out and are benefiting from bjj, judo,... to the point everyone knows they really need it to tie their lives together.

But in the local little book of stupidity for priests and their flocks of sheep titled 'Why martial arts are not compatible with christianity' you can read such gems as 'The martial arts are not good for people as they create strong healthy arrogant people, that think they can solve and handle all and any situation without the help or presence of divine force'. Besides the usual bull+rap about gates to satan, and needing guru and s+it.
    The book was made on testimony of a single judoka who got really weird in the head and claimed ma responsible (neurology probably really doesn't have anything with it). He allegedly got exorcised and got through it (those little happy pills probably don't have anything to do with him getting a bit better - I guess if he continued his training sessions he'd be even better) high on faith. --damn this bolke must be a walking creep of weirdness now--- The book was blessed by our archbishop. (--Luckily he got himself a one - way ticket to Africa for playing a key role in the bankrupcy of his bishoporic with market speculations.)

When I think of some paragraphs and quotes from it, I turn into a little ball of rage instantly.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/11/2013 3:12am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 8:19am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    We have this sort of wackos here too. The problem is, a priest is still a powerful local figure in some places, as this country is heavily catholic and can thus have a lot of negative influence on people, sponsors,.... and consequencially the clubs

Yea, never mind the Roman Catholic church is paganism wrapped up in a Christian theme yet MA is of the devil.

Let's not pay any attention to the man behind the curtain in a funny looking dress, just keep throwing yule logs on the fire and tell the kids about the easter bunny but don't let them crescent kick, because crescent is associated with the moon and the moon is a false light, false light is attributed to Lucifer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 8:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post

Yea, never mind the Roman Catholic church is paganism wrapped up in a Christian theme yet MA is of the devil.

Let's not pay any attention to the man behind the curtain in a funny looking dress, just keep throwing yule logs on the fire and tell the kids about the easter bunny but don't let them crescent kick, because crescent is associated with the moon and the moon is a false light, false light is attributed to Lucifer.

Posted On:
    10/11/2013 10:06am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now wait just a minute, meditation allows demons to posses you?? Fucking awesome I need to start meditating.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2013 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.HoneyBadger View Post
    Just wanted to say that Meditation isn't always New Age. Some new agey people might do meditation and be all weird with it, but a lot of people meditate without it becoming a joke. Damn hippies. Ruining stuff for everyone else
    True, its been around for a few thousand years, way before the sixties and the Maharishi. Meditation is a pretty broad term, and there are quite a few flavors out there. Have to say, tho, I never did figure out what any of it contributes particularly to MA practice, as opposed to just general health/mental benefits.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast