222055 Bullies, 3692 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/19/2013 11:40am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Attn: Glock Fanboys

Let me start by saying I like Glocks. I carry them, along with other pistols. I find them to be reliable.

That said, the unbridled adoration showered upon the brand by legions of fanboys - mall ninjas and professionals alike makes me chuckle. It's just a fucking pistol people. It is a machine. It is made by humans. It can and does malfunction. It can and does fail catastrophically. It has shortcomings. Does that mean you should throw your Glock in the trash? No. Just be educated.

Look at these videos and search your shallow little souls. Can you really tell me they don't make you cringe a little? Come on, man. You can be honest. I know you bastards will make all kinds of excuses. Oh, it was DESIGNED to flex but not break. It's supposed to flop around like a spaghetti noodle when you pull the trigger. Come on now. Ya'll know that **** ain't right.

Yeah, I'd have to say with all things considered I'd prefer my guns to be non-foldable. That's just me though.

And don't even think about getting your little Glock egos hurt and arguing with me or I'll start posting the shattered Glock pictures. lol.

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 1:10pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like them, too, but I've stopped carrying them. Not because they "fold", that actually has never been an issue for me since they've always been mostly reliable. I've seen two or three malfunctions with the ones I've owned, but overall a high reliability rate. What pushed them off my hip was just my tastes changing. I used to want something lightweight on my hip and I loved the Glock ergonomics. Over time, what feels right to me has changed and at this point the Glock just feels wrong. I supposed I've gotten too used to ergonomically amazing pistols like SIGs. I've been carrying a P226 exclusively for the last few months. I think if I were to purchase another polymer framed pistol, it would be an M&P. The Glock just feels horrible to me now.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 2:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glock never felt right for me, but feeling right hasn't been a big factor for me either. I still want one (I sell a few, but never owned them) but I can't bring myself to shell out money for something that feels like a very cheaply made gun when I can pick up a CZ for the same price. However, I still kind of want a Glock 19 for more 'serious' work (if I'm transporting a ton of guns or something). My favorite fullsize is my M&P 9 Pro, and thats a bit too big. Glock 19 is perfect.

That being said, for daily carry, I carry the smallest capable package. Over the years it went from Ruger sr9c (I hated it!), Walther PPS, to Beretta Nano.

I really ought to carry a spare mag though..
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 2:25pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bullets go pretty much where I point and I get one for free....anything else is irrelevant to me

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 5:34pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    The bullets go pretty much where I point and I get one for free....anything else is irrelevant to me
    Agreed. Glocks aren't perfect. The sights are mediocre, and the 19 is probably a little small for my hands, but mine was around $400 brand new (gen4). My wife shoots it well, and enjoys shooting it. Big ass full size pistols like the CZ-75 and the larger XDms feel better in my hands, but we don't both go shooting often enough to justify another pistol in 9mm. I'm hoping to purchase a Springfield Armory Range Officer in the next year or so, but that's about it for my handgun aspirations these days.

I have learned one thing from this thread though: If I ever catch my wife starting to watch slow motion videos of glocks being fired, I'm going to "accidentally" turn my router off from the admin account. She'd never shoot it again.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 5:47pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    This^ and it has been the required sidearm everywhere I have worked.

Outside of that, that slow-mo video does look like it is about to come apart.

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 8:41pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All this CZ talk is making me lust for one again. Cut it out, guys! That can't end well! I had a P-01 for a while and the look and feel it had was pretty much perfection for me. I could never manipulate the loooong trigger reset, though. Drove me nuts. Had a moment of stupidity at the range with it because I thought the trigger reset when it didn't. Looked at the chamber to see if I had a stovepipe or something but it looked fine. Put my finger back on the trigger, pointed down range nd BANG. I just hadn't reset it all the way. Felt like a dolt afters staring at it thinking something was wrong.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Posted On:
    8/24/2013 9:40pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    All this CZ talk is making me lust for one again. Cut it out, guys! That can't end well! I had a P-01 for a while and the look and feel it had was pretty much perfection for me. I could never manipulate the loooong trigger reset, though. Drove me nuts. Had a moment of stupidity at the range with it because I thought the trigger reset when it didn't. Looked at the chamber to see if I had a stovepipe or something but it looked fine. Put my finger back on the trigger, pointed down range nd BANG. I just hadn't reset it all the way. Felt like a dolt afters staring at it thinking something was wrong.
    That is one thing I will say about glocks . . . nice trigger reset to go with the flimsy plastic.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 9:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not a Glock lover or hater. I have to use one. Bought my own, swapped out the sights, it'll do. Used to carry a Sig 220 with a 245 as b/u. That was great. Still carry the 245 off duty. I have an XD, I like that better than the Glock. As a range officer I have seen my fair share of problems with Glocks. No more so than other guns, but enough to put to lie their marketing depts use of the word perfection.

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 9:36pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My father and grandfather (my grandpa was a policeman) love the Glock pistols, my father is going to buy a Glock 17 soon, I'm also going to get the fire guns training and permit, as I have never fired any weapon before I'm probably going to test with the glock 17, I'm now intrigued with it.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast