Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 1:44am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Spongebob's "Red Mist". Horrible hoax or pure evil?

I came across this article on urban legends that had a disturbing story of a "lost" episode of Spongebob Squarepants titled "Red Mist". Essentially there was a tape sent to Nickelodeon's editing department that featured a lot of disturbing images, sounds, and eventually ended with Squidward committing suicide. According to the article it is so disturbing that one of the interns who viewed it ended up committing suicide!

It sounded like total BS until I came across an edited version (minus the real pictures) on Youtube.

Warning: Do not watch this at night by yourself with the volume up. Actually, unless you are in a morbid mood I recommend you just not bother to watch it at all. It seriously creeped me out.

Spoiler:

After watching this thing and feeling a bit sick I wanted to see if it was legit or not. I'm still not sure what to make of the whole story, but based on the video and description bellow, I really hope it is an elaborate prank. Warning again, this is not for the feint of heart.

Thoughts? Real or Fake?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 6:46am

Style: Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's false. I watched it with sound down (at work). I can't believe that Nickelodeon would write anything involving suicide. The quality towards the end is pretty poor so I reckon it is an amateur rehash of a Spongebob episode.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 6:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    I came across this article on urban legends that had a disturbing story of a "lost" episode of Spongebob Squarepants titled "Red Mist". Essentially there was a tape sent to Nickelodeon's editing department that featured a lot of disturbing images, sounds, and eventually ended with Squidward committing suicide. According to the article it is so disturbing that one of the interns who viewed it ended up committing suicide!

It sounded like total BS until I came across an edited version (minus the real pictures) on Youtube.

Warning: Do not watch this at night by yourself with the volume up. Actually, unless you are in a morbid mood I recommend you just not bother to watch it at all. It seriously creeped me out.

Spoiler:

After watching this thing and feeling a bit sick I wanted to see if it was legit or not. I'm still not sure what to make of the whole story, but based on the video and description bellow, I really hope it is an elaborate prank. Warning again, this is not for the feint of heart.

Thoughts? Real or Fake?
    Fake - in other words, fan fiction. The production quality is severely less than an actual SpongeBob episode. In fact, it's so poor I have no desire to watch the rest - didn't even make it to the 1:00 mark.

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 8:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is very the ring isn't it.

Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 9:12am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only person that should be killing themselves because of this, is the creator. I'd rather watch back to back episodes of salad fingers than another minute of that.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are probably right. Although I have to say after reading the article on it watching it did give me chills (more so from the written description then quality of animation.)

Does make a good camp horror story, however.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 10:27am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fake.

Desperate attempt at forced internet meme-ry.

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 10:44am

Style: FMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    obviously fake. I watch the show with my kid on occasion and the video completely diverges from the artistic style and presentation of the show. Look at where squidword pulls the gun, fake! There are endless point in the video where it is just a still shot slowly zooming in, nothing like this ever happens on the show. It's constantly changing to keep kids interested, this "episode" is drawn out, slow moving and, dramatic in the most boring sense. It looks chopped and edited and the audio is inconsistent.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched about five seconds, immediately could tell the clips were assembled from other episodes. I know this because I watch Spongebob.

Now, if you want to talk about REAL banned episodes of children's TV shows...

Dexter's Rude Removal

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwy...s#.UbEwgpXvwxc

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2013 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for perspective, here are some clips from the actual show:

See, no creepy, suicidal ****.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast