Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 4:33am

Style: Judo N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun vs Karate "Blackbelt"

Wing Chun Vs Karate Blackbelt

So I know the Wing Chun topic has been done to death, but just stumbled across this video after watching the "How to break your arms" thread.

I couldn't find it in a search so I don't think it's been posted yet (if it has sorry about that).

Basically they claim its a Karate blackbelt with some objections about what they are teaching. He then comes out and gets thrown around by the instructor (who sounds out of breath just talking).

I'm no expert on Karate so maybe somebody else could correct me here but this guy hardly seems like a blackbelt. His kicks in the second attack especially just seem unbalanced and sloppy.

Just thought as they have disable the comments on this one, it's only fair that some discussion is allowed on it. Seems to possibly be a case of stretching the truth a little to make themselves look good.
    Last edited by brend0_; 4/17/2013 4:34am at . Reason: Fixed grammar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 6:03am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blackbelt - my arse. I know there are some crap karate schools out there (he may have come from one of them) but that was terrible. Kicks/punches had no power/speed. I can't help but feel that this was staged for the camera.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 6:12am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun makes all attacks seem unbalanced and sloppy. That's why its so dangerous.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 6:14am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brend0_ View Post
    Wing Chun Vs Karate Blackbelt

So I know the Wing Chun topic has been done to death, but just stumbled across this video after watching the "How to break your arms" thread.

I couldn't find it in a search so I don't think it's been posted yet (if it has sorry about that).

Basically they claim its a Karate blackbelt with some objections about what they are teaching. He then comes out and gets thrown around by the instructor (who sounds out of breath just talking).

I'm no expert on Karate so maybe somebody else could correct me here but this guy hardly seems like a blackbelt. His kicks in the second attack especially just seem unbalanced and sloppy.

Just thought as they have disable the comments on this one, it's only fair that some discussion is allowed on it. Seems to possibly be a case of stretching the truth a little to make themselves look good.
    Load of old wank.

Not only was the kick really poor in execution it had no real target, if that guy is a blackbelt in anything other than hand shandies he's sure good at hiding it.
    The elephant teaching..didn't he get the memo? Wing Chun is for small women.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 6:35am

Style: Judo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blackbelt? I'd be surprised if the guy had ever trained. There was no karate-technique in what the "black belt" was exhibiting.

And as for the Sifu, it looked more like a elephant charge combined with bitch-slapping ...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 7:21am

Style: Judo N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by r12477 View Post
    Blackbelt? I'd be surprised if the guy had ever trained. There was no karate-technique in what the "black belt" was exhibiting.

And as for the Sifu, it looked more like a elephant charge combined with bitch-slapping ...

Wow, that has to take some balls to stand there and stare down an elephant charging at you like that. Would want to hope you don't miss.

I don't even think I'd know what to do if a guy that big was charging at me like he does in the vid. Think I'd need some more time in Judo to expect to actually throw that guy.

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 7:24am

Style: JiuJistu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of the reasons why I love BS...
    No matter how often the ing-ung horse has been beaten to death, buried, dug up, raped, his tooth plugged, ears filled with wax, buried again, there is always someone who wants his turn at pounding it one more time.

PS:
    Can we make magic pants jokes in an ing-ung thread?

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 7:42am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brend0_ View Post
    they have disable the comments on this one
    Then it's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    Can we make magic pants jokes in an ing-ung thread?
    Such a derail would need to be executed in a subtle fashion to maintain a high enough comedic standard to avoid an inevitable decline to Trollshido. That you have asked the question indicates that provaction of this level is beyond your current grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 9:12am

Style: Out of Practice

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    . . . Was anyone else strongly reminded of E. Honda?

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 10:59am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly, since the guy takes impromptu challenges, we need to go send a bully down there to do a quick double leg and pound the guy out.

Or, you know, gas instantly and then complain it wasn't fair because the fat guy was surprisingly fat.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast