3/19/2013 9:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

10th Anniversary

Remember the Iraq War?

Remember Mission Accomplished?

Remember Condoleezza Rice warning over and over that “We don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.”

Remeber Dick Cheney saying, "Don't think of us as invaders, think of us as liberators."

Remember Gen. Colin Powell, the secretary of State, putting his credibility (ass) on the line to support the war. Many doubters were converted when Powell showed the United Nations Security Council “proof” that Saddam Hussein was deeply engaged in a nuclear program. Powell played tapes, showed photos and vowed, “Saddam Hussein and his regime are concealing their efforts to produce more weapons of mass destruction.”

How humiliating for Powell — and America — to later learn he’d been duped by his own government. **** Cheney, **** Bush, **** the neo-cons. Which is what Powell later said, through his top aid and mouthpiece, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, who by the way got in the news recently by condemning the Republican Party, saying to MSNBC's Ed Schultz, "My party is full of racists."

Remember Bush and Co. choice for Iran prez, Ahmed Chalabi? Remember his lies? Remember when the US Army and CIA and Iraqis brought him down and... no, you don't, because The Wastrel is gone and many of Bullshido were children when the US committed what is now called The Worst Policy Decision in US History. And others ignore history. And some prefer ignoring the worst Bullshido of all, lies by Chicken Hawks that throw others in harms way.

But we will be left with the results, and they are horrid. Too bad Jr. can't read, he might have understood why Daddy Bush didn't invade Iraq 1) Upset world order [strengthen Iran/Shia, weaken Saudis, push conflict more toward Pakistan, piss off Saudis and others 2) The US might be stuck for many years as an occupying power 3) feed Arab fears that the US armed forces would stick around for years, rather than show a short term correction of Saddam curtailing aggression 4 Leave a mess and a mess now exists, Iraq is on the cusp of being a failed state. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thre...n-1998.200976/

To say nothing of the dead, wounded, PTSD sufferers, the maimed and injured, US and Iraqi. To say nothing about the more than $800,000,000,000 spent that could have built bridges and schools. The least they could do is give veterans support. http://costofwar.com/
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/19/2013 9:22pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 1:24am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The American people must know the truth about the grave decision made by our government to go to war. The families of US servicemen and women who made the ultimate sacrifice, deserve to know the truth. The families of dead Iraqi civilians, who died as a result of the war, deserve to know the truth. Ten years after the war, Iraq is still in turmoil. Ten years after the war, the United States' financial security is threatened by the cost of the war and our long-term physical security has been damaged by the war. How can we recover? How can the people of Iraq recover? How can the world recover? We must demand the truth. We must know the truth. Truth and Reconciliation is the process. It has worked in other countries struggling with their past. It can work in America." - Dennis Kucinich
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 9:55am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Happy anniversary to you, too Pat. Did you bring cake?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 12:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil, you are just like my brother sometimes. His motto is, too heavy, I'm going surfing. Meanwhile fascists are taking over. So be it.

from the comments on http://newsvandal.com/2013/03/the-fi...-the-iraq-war/ (an article that points out that the numbers that think the war was a mistake are somehow DROPPING!)
    "Your point about Obama’s “kinder, gentler narrative” underscores once again his tremendous utility to the corporate oligarchy. Progressives who fell for the “lesser evil” argument last November (and many times before) failed to understand that a Democrat can actually be more dangerous to the public welfare. While a more obviously polarizing figure like G.W. Bush will at least arouse some opposition from our flaccid polity, the ostensibly reasonable Obama literally gets away with murder. This is the kind of cover that our patented brand of predatory capitalism craves, and Obama’s sordid apostasy has delivered handsomely."

And back to the 10th Anniversary, the horrors are real and I doubt that you will watch this, go smoke a joint or surf or make flippant comments:
    http://www.democracynow.org/2013/3/2...er_us_has_left

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think devil would prefer to ridicule those who smoke a joint and go surfing.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 1:40pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Devil, you are just like my brother sometimes. His motto is, too heavy, I'm going surfing. Meanwhile fascists are taking over. So be it.
    And you're just like a guy I work with who dropped dead in one of the office shitters last month. He was in his early 50s and let the stress kill him.

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 1:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think devil would prefer to ridicule those who smoke a joint and go surfing.
    Anyway, I thought weed was supposed to make you calm. But apparently it turns people into paranoid lunatics.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 2:46pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anything said about Iraq that is not 100% verifiable? Why don't we ask Colin Powell? Or do you believe Wolfowitz and Cheney? I'm only a lunatic paranoid if you are a neo-con liar, so... Hey is Chalabi your hero? He was the neo-con choice but the US Army and CIA took him down a notch. I think Chalabi is an asshole crook. Does that make me paranoid or delusional?

Then again, why bother writing to the Devil, when he acts like a troll.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/20/2013 2:50pm at .

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 3:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Anything said about Iraq that is not 100% verifiable? Why don't we ask Colin Powell? Or do you believe Wolfowitz and Cheney? I'm only a lunatic paranoid if you are a neo-con liar, so... Hey is Chalabi your hero? He was the neo-con choice but the US Army and CIA took him down a notch. I think Chalabi is an asshole crook. Does that make me paranoid or delusional?

Then again, why bother writing to the Devil, when he acts like a troll.
    If not giving a **** about the stuff that makes you **** dynamite makes me a troll, then yes. I'm a troll.

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 5:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a place called 'Iraq'?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast