Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 7:13am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz; Bad for MMA.

Relatively speaking MMA is still a very young sport. It has been under the microscope on many different levels. In a time where we should be showing the general public that fighters are educated and they aren't just a bunch of caveman locked inside a cage; committing acts of violence just short of murder or looking like basically like a human cock fight, we have the number one contender for the most impacted division in MMA talking like this:

There's no way anybody can look at Nick Diaz and say he is not an athlete or a skilled fighter but the guy comes off as a stupid, arrogant, uneducated Neanderthal, who can't seem to put a coherent thought between one sentence to another. You say you like Nick Diaz? Why? What is there to like? Every hero needs a good villain Diaz is the villain and he should not even touch the victim card. Diaz sells tickets but there is nothing to like like about him. You say you like the villain? I do too sometimes; Doctor Doom, Loki, Lex Luthor. What do these "villains" have in common? Brains.

So congratulations Diaz, you talked yourself into a fight just like Chael did. I'm not sure about others though, I'd rather listen to Chael any day of the week than to listen to you babble like a drunk prom date.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 7:21am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Omega, with all due respect and I understand that for a big part, this is just just your opinion on Nick as a person.

But the whole "bad for MMA" thing, well I'm reading this and screaming out loud: "Duuuuuuuude are you fucking serious? That is some serious bullshit".

I gotta run now, but I'll write a decent reply later.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 8:33am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Hey Omega, with all due respect and I understand that for a big part, this is just just your opinion on Nick as a person.

But the whole "bad for MMA" thing, well I'm reading this and screaming out loud: "Duuuuuuuude are you fucking serious? That is some serious bullshit".

I gotta run now, but I'll write a decent reply later.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
    12:20

Diaz "....you ain't fought no hitters"
    Nice English.

He fought Carlos Condit who out struck Diaz.
    He fought Dan Hardy who has 12 KO's
    He fought Thiago Alves who has 11 KO's out of 20 fights.

This is just a small example. Do you want me to completely dissect the man's career? I love watching Diaz fight but the guy should never be given the mic.

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 8:44am

Style: JiuJistu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I love watching Diaz fight but the guy should never be given the mic.
    2nd that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 9:22am

Style: punch on artist

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think allot of people watch his fights for the off chance to see him get beaten. I'm a fan because he represents (to me) what a real fighter is. He does it his way and doesn't have time for the games others want him to play. Also the fact he doesn't mind a bit of the green .

He gives something to relate to , for some, and although he's not the most articulate bloke (something else I can relate to) to me it is still entertaining... All that talk about not fighting hitters is obviously a ploy to get gsp to fight a "fight" which is Diaz's best chance of a win.

Bad for mma? Nah, not everyone cares for the clean cut golden boy type, and its not like mma is gonna get banned or lose fans because of him.

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 10:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I see what you mean. He came off like he is either a dumb ass or on drugs. I think more like a dumb ass. Mainly because he didn't put together points very well. His answers sometimes didn't have anything to do with the questions, more to do with his opinion of other stuff. Then he didn't give good reasoning behind what he was saying.

I understand that they are cutting weight, tired, dehydrated, and stressed out. But it's like my dad told me: it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, then yo open your mouth and confirm their suspicions.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 12:17pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean. He came off like he is either a dumb ass or on drugs. I think more like a dumb ass. Mainly because he didn't put together points very well. His answers sometimes didn't have anything to do with the questions, more to do with his opinion of other stuff. Then he didn't give good reasoning behind what he was saying.

I understand that they are cutting weight, tired, dehydrated, and stressed out. But it's like my dad told me: it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, then yo open your mouth and confirm their suspicions.

He hasn't had any weed for ten days at least, this would also affect his brain in some negative ways.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 1:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    He hasn't had any weed for ten days at least, this would also affect his brain in some negative ways.
    You're proving my point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You're proving my point.
    Please explain

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 1:53pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    Please explain
    He's no better when he's on the medical marijuana. How many videos would you like me to produce to prove that point?
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast