233227 Bullies, 3673 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. 1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not Self Defense Advice Fridays: Elevator Murder Experiment. Mar. 8, 2013

Not Self Defense Advice Fridays: Elevator Murder Experiment

What would you do if you walked into a murder in progress? Two guys asked themselves the same question and staged a murder-in-progress inside a New York City elevator. Hidden cameras recorded people's reactions. What would you do?

Last edited by PizDoff; 3/09/2013 8:19am at .

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 8:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite is the fire extinguisher - yes, please make sure the guy being choked to death has NO oxygen! Luckily, the "assailant" wasn't hit with the fire extinguisher, which is probably what I would do.

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 8:32am

Style: JiuJistu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Human reactions.... some scary **** at times....

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 8:50am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody pulled a gun or knife or stun gun: bad news for people who depend on others, good news for the fake attacker.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, i would hope my reaction would be to soccer kick/stomp the attacker's head, but of course in this case that choice would have been a poor one.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    yeah, i would hope my reaction would be to soccer kick/stomp the attacker's head, but of course in this case that choice would have been a poor one.
    In many cases that would be a poor reaction. A soccer kick is a lethal technique- they can injure or kill. Would you injure or kill someone who's trying to injure or kill someone else as a general rule? I wouldn't, because I don't know why those guys are fighting. For all I know, the "victim" is a mugger who got into it with an innocent civilian, who's now kicking their ass. Or, they're doing some Internet candid camera bullshit.

I think the freezing that so many people are doing isn't so much cowardice as much as being totally unsure how to proceed. They're forced to consider too much too quickly.

I think the correct choice of action is to assume one's big boy voice and start issuing loud commands/questions before going into assassin mode.

What not to do: stand there like the douchebag who pulls out his camera phone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 7:56pm

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No need to worry, the assailant didn't have his hooks in. Not a serious attack.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The truth is is most people don't really know how they'll react until they get in a situation like this. I have, and it's been tough to live down. I'm just glad there were others there to intervene, because I don't how bad off mentally I'd be today if the worst really did happen. A lot of guys think they'll be the big hero and save the day, but the truth is these situations often hit you so quickly from out of the blue that your reaction would seem totally illogical to a person removed from that incidence.

I will say that if I react the same way now as I did in the past, then if I came across these two guys in the elevator I would probably pull my penis out and shove it into the losing guy's face, satisified knowing it'll be the last thing he ever sees.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 9:20am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since my reaction would be to pull my glock 19 and command them to stop and drop their weapons. I was wondering where this experiment took place and then I saw of course New York where the likely hood of that happening to them is very low.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 6:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bald guy deserves no respect... I mean seriously? What the **** man?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast