Hell yeah! Hell no!

Skinny guy's triangle problem

Hey everyone,

I got a problem concerning my physique and triangle chokes. I'm a rather skinny guy, and despite being rather athletic and working out a lot I always found it very hard to build mass. Whatsoever, the problem I encounter is this:

Usually when I try to triangle-choke someone I get slammed. Sometimes, when I get to grab one of their knees or ankles I can keep them down, but in in 8 out of 10 cases they slam me and I get mounted. How can I deal with that?

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmH View Post
    Hey everyone,

I got a problem concerning my physique and triangle chokes. I'm a rather skinny guy, and despite being rather athletic and working out a lot I always found it very hard to build mass. Whatsoever, the problem I encounter is this:

Usually when I try to triangle-choke someone I get slammed. Sometimes, when I get to grab one of their knees or ankles I can keep them down, but in in 8 out of 10 cases they slam me and I get mounted. How can I deal with that?
    Cut the angle by underhooking his leg. Scoot your hips back as he tries to pressure forward.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ That and i usually attack the trapped arm like:
    http://serverb605.gigenet.com/grappl...iangle-counter

or like Baret does around 00:25

Don't forget to "dorsiflex" your ankles to finish or simply tighten your triangle, it makes a huge difference.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I never tried push out my hips like this, that sounds pretty good. I'll try it in class tonight.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal favorite explanation is from Mr. Ryan Hall

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Skinny guy's triangle problem

Quote Originally Posted by SmH View Post
    Yeah, I never tried push out my hips like this, that sounds pretty good. I'll try it in class tonight.
    Think about making them carry your weight on his neck/shoulders by straightening your back.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I tried it last night and it worked perfectly. My arms are long enough that I can even push back from their shoulders and this motion not only keeps them from getting up but also tightens the choke, so I guess you solved my problem, gentlemen. Thanks!