Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:37am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Announce your cup so that it may be filled

Having been on Bullshido a little while, it's my turn to become a sheep and start training BJJ.

I've had one lesson, and before my second lesson tonight, I have been giving it a lot of thought. This thinking has raised an important question, that I need answering early in my BJJ career, before it's too late.

I know there have been discussions on here about whether to wear a cup, with people advocating both sides of the argument. I value my man-pods greatly, and have decided I will be wearing one.

My question is, should I publicly and regularly announce it?

I will be combat-cuddling in close and personal proximity with both male and female partners, who I am sure will quickly realise that i have something hard in my groin pressing against their flesh.

If I don't mention it, then probably they will feel it and think "he's wearing a box", but a small percentage may think 'ew, boner...I thought he'd be bigger'.

Whereas if I do, all of them will think: 'That guy banging his crotch and shouting "I haven't got a stiffy!" is a mental'.

Don't mind amusing cock answers in the thread, but would appreciate some genuine protocol advice too.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:44am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd have it announced in all its glory on a rash guard.

No excuses then for people not knowing.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:47am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I've never worn the cup, just compression shorts, but I dont think you need to be announcing anything. If anyone asks just say its to accentuate your natual bulge.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never wore a cup when rolling, but then I competed in a BJJ tournament where one was required. So I tried on out a few weeks before the comp and noticed that I just wasn't used to it. It wasn't comfortable. I got a little more aclimated to it after a while, but stopped wearing it again after the comp. I did know who all wore cups after rolling with them a few times, but never really thought anything of it.

On that note I wear one every time I stick fight after taking a shot to the balls one time! Not making that mistake again! I roll frequently while stick fighting and now, don't really notice a difference. So I guess if I would have been wearing one all along then it wouldn't have been wierd when I put one on before the BJJ comp.

On a side note, don't leave the cup laying around the house. I was watching TV one day when one of my kids walked by as he was using my cup as a phone. You never want that!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:59am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't go into the gym without my cup on.

Generally a good idea to wear it while grappling, you don't have to get an armbar too far wrong to end up with an elbow in the nads.

I don't announce the fact that I'm wearing it, but I generally ask my partner if they're wearing one before engaging in any sort of sparring or rolling, just to avoid potential issues.

That said, I've never trained actual BJJ so I'm not sure of the protocol there.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 11:04am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People will not mistake your cup for Ignorami ardor. There is no need to announce anything. Don't forget, they all have experience in this area, while you do not.

I tend to wear a cup and a mouthpiece. I've run into too many mat spazzes over the years to do otherwise. Many didn't mean to repeatedly knee me in the groin, but it happened anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 11:12am

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wear it outside your pants. It's sexier like that anyways.

I also don't wear a cup. It's annoying, and if I lose the capactiy to father a child I, along with the rest of world, will rejoice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Announce your cup so that it may be filled

While I'm here, can somebody recommend a comfortable line of cups? All jokes aside, I feel like my junk should not look like a mold every time I take my cup off. And before I get any silly replies, yes, I bought the biggest cup at Wal Mart. Width is fine, but damn I need some depth!

Suggestions, plz???
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 11:21am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm using the cheapest crap I could find at the moment, but I hear nothing but good things about the Shock Doctor cup.

There is something extra satisfying about 'releasing the finished product from the mold' though isn't there? Why would you want to lose that?

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Announce your cup so that it may be filled

Lol It would be a little more satisfying if I didn't have to pray to Thor for the strength necessary to pry my twig from my berries, struggling against the force of the sweat which acts like mortar, holding the space between my bat and balls hostage.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast