...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 5:51am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Christopher Dorner vs the LAPD

So, have any of you read Dorner's manifesto? Any comments on his personal war on the LAPD?

http://documents.latimes.com/christo...ack=lanowpicks

He seems intelligent, articulate, and knowledgable. As far as I can tell, not that I know anything about anything.

This is the one story I'm following out here in the FSM.

Note that Dorner didn't simply go postal. He killed three people and then disappeared. It seems like he's biding his time. He isn't driven to attack with total disregard, but is rather being cautious and avoiding circumstances in which the LAPD will be able to return fire on him.

The thing is, in a way, time is on his side. The longer the LAPD remain on "tactical alert" the more it will stress their budget and their personnel. Dorner doesn't need to be an attacking frenzied madman. He just needs to keep the LAPD on "tactical alert" and never let them relax, and he'll wear down that whole organization.

This kind of ties into the gun control discourse. Lots of people discount civilian ownership of military pattern rifles saying that random civvies can't compare to a professional miliary. But look how stressed this one guy has the LAPD.

Look at the example of the Boer War. The redcoats eventually defeated the Boers by cracking down hard on the families of the insurgents and putting them all in concentration camps. But in the continental US, imagine the social stress that would be caused if the government in this day in age tried to crack down on some guys with rifles by throwing non combatant families in concentration camps.

I'm interested in hearing what you have to say on any area of the subject.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 6:00am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah, for some reason it's not letting me edit my post.

My point in bringing up the Boer War was to make allusion to the people who say random civilians with rifles can't bother a professional military. But that's sort of predicated on the professional military being prepared to be utterly ruthless to the civilian population as a whole, which might not always be the case.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 10:27am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've noticed there are multiple versions of the manifesto going around. The one that's being touted as the "real" one by the media is the one with the completely incongruent praising of gun control and Michelle Obama. The writing style on those paragraphs doesn't seem to line up with the rest of it. As someone pointed out, he uses triple exclamation points like a 14 year old girl!!! <-- see?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 10:28am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I read the manifesto. The media should label this guy accurately. He's a liberal terrorist. A left wing extremist.

He goes on and on about the need for gun control, white racism, NRA hatred, homosexual rights, hatred of conservative politicians, fanboy admiration of liberal politicians, etc. We damn sure got to hear about the conservative views of Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph in the media. Let's talk about this clown's liberal views now.

He's also a buddyfucker. No wonder all the other cops gave him ****. They couldn't trust him.

And he's a walking truckload of butthurt. In his manifesto he whined about everybody who hurt his feelings since grade school. What a ******.

And he can't shoot. Fucking Navy "Marksman".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the whole thing going on out there with this guys is pretty scary! I know that the police and families of police have got to be scared shitless. I've thought about stuff like this for years. I've talked about it with members of the Rapid Response Team that I was on, SWAT members, snipers, and a lot of military. Most of us agreed that if a guy decided to go on a killing rampage, and was able to keep his head through the whole thing, it would devistating to whoever the targets were.

It is easy to get disgruntled in the LEO field. Low pay, shitty benifits, and lack of support from the public wears on you. I've known people who have committed suicide because of it. It's a tough situation.

This guy out in Cali has the potential to keep this going for a long time before getting caught. He has the ability to cause a lot of death and terror. The other scary thing to me, is that he is showing the public how it is supposed to be done. Right now, it appears that the only people who should be worried are the ones he is pissed off at. He isn't shooting at random. But he is showing people how it should be done if they want to go on a long term killing spree. That is not good.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 10:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    But he is showing people how it should be done if they want to go on a long term killing spree. That is not good.
    Maybe. Let's see how it turns out. He has only killed 3 people so far. Up to this point, the DC "snipers" were much more successful at creating havoc and it's not like they sparked a string of copycats.

They could catch him this afternoon and a year from now nobody would remember his name. Or he could go on shooting people once a month for the next couple of years. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. 3 people is a lot if you are one of the 3. Or that is your family. The fact that he has the whole LAPD looking for him and hasn't been caught yet is a pretty big deal. In my opinion. I hope they get him. I think their will be more killings before it all ends. Either way, because I don't think he will allow himself to get caught without being killed.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 10:54am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    So, I read the manifesto. The media should label this guy accurately. He's a liberal terrorist. A left wing extremist.

He goes on and on about the need for gun control, white racism, NRA hatred, homosexual rights, hatred of conservative politicians, fanboy admiration of liberal politicians, etc. We damn sure got to hear about the conservative views of Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph in the media. Let's talk about this clown's liberal views now.

He's also a buddyfucker. No wonder all the other cops gave him ****. They couldn't trust him.

And he's a walking truckload of butthurt. In his manifesto he whined about everybody who hurt his feelings since grade school. What a ******.

And he can't shoot. Fucking Navy "Marksman".
    Assuming that's the real manifesto. The first version I read just talked about the LAPD. Seemed odd to me that someone on a shooting rampage would be pro gun control- and supporting Feinstein's bill no less? I dunno- he is a nut on a shooting rampage, and I do tend to be conspiracy minded, but there's something incongruous about the celebrity sucking sections of that document.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah. 3 people is a lot if you are one of the 3. Or that is your family. The fact that he has the whole LAPD looking for him and hasn't been caught yet is a pretty big deal. In my opinion. I hope they get him. I think their will be more killings before it all ends. Either way, because I don't think he will allow himself to get caught without being killed.
    Of course it's a big deal if you're one of the three. You're missing my point. My point is that others have been more successful in their efforts and it hasn't served as a roadmap for terror that others have followed, which is what you were getting at in your post. The DC shooters are the first that come to mind. That manhunt was every bit as big as this one, if not bigger. This is not some unprecedented new level of terror.

If he goes for a while without being captured and keeps killing cops for the next 6 months, I'll re-evaluate my assessment of the situation.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you agree that his knowledge of Police procedure and general doctrine is providing him with an advantage..

I find it difficult, given the very public knowledge of this person's activities and, they know who he is, that he's remaining at large without the help and assistance of others.

To ultimately achieve his aims he needs to be mobile and have the ability to plan, prepare and then deliver his objectives, this can't be easy if operating alone. At this stage, I'm guessing he's already achieved what he set out to do by creating the fear factor and, upping the tactical alert status of an entire police force. I'm making an assumption therefore that he could just lay low for a protracted time before choosing to act again (if ever).
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast