Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ancient Aliens Debunked full movie

Three hour documentary debunking all stuff from the Ancient Aliens TV show. I watch the show from time to time as entertainment. There is some stuff toward the end in the last half hour where the narrator lets his religious views out that has irritated a lot of atheists, but a lot of the material on the building of ancient structures and artwork is very interesting. I never heard the stuff they discussed on how the Pyramids were actually built.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this guy covers it pretty well

you should go and watch his other videos.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 6:53pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this what you were talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 7:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Is this what you were talking about?

Thank you Phrost. Your avatar describes what I am doing to myself right now. While editing my original post, I deleted the link.

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 8:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know it really does sadden me that someone had the need to make a film debunking the ancient aliens serious. I mean that program while fun, but was far from being credible and I weep at the thought that people took it seriously.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 8:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You know it really does sadden me that someone had the need to make a film debunking the ancient aliens serious. I mean that program while fun, but was far from being credible and I weep at the thought that people took it seriously.
    I hear you. There was a lot of groundwork laid for this stuff starting in the 1960s with wacky waiter turned best-selling amateur archaeologist / ancient alien imaginer Erich von Däniken. Then a whole tradition of fringe nuttery ensued based on no better evidence than that a Swiss hotel-keeper with no relevant training decided that ancient people couldn't have had and recorded religious experiences, couldn't have imagined and drawn monsters, and weren't smart enough to come up with technological advances.

An excellent discussion of his work appears on http://www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=573

The whole badarchaeology site is very interesting, as is the related blog.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 8:41pm

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Name:  ancientalienspacesuit.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  30.3 KB

How can you argue with evidence like this???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 8:57pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    How can you argue with evidence like this???
    I couldn't argue with him. He's too adorable. What is he and where / when is he from?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2012 9:11pm

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    I couldn't argue with him. He's too adorable. What is he and where / when is he from?
    He's quite obviously a Mayan Spaceman. Proving beyond doubt that Mayans came from space. As Moby says, "We are all made of stars". Which is like really profound, but true also. You just need to open your mind and stop believing what the establishment and government scientists tell you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2012 4:08am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    He's quite obviously a Mayan Spaceman. Proving beyond doubt that Mayans came from space. As Moby says, "We are all made of stars". Which is like really profound, but true also. You just need to open your mind and stop believing what the establishment and government scientists tell you.
    Unless you think that the ancient astronaut Mayans wove their spacesuits, I'm puzzled by what certainly looks to be a representation of woven fabric clothing on the cute little figure. I don't see anything about it that makes me think it is supposed to be an astronaut. We have plenty of Mayan descendants still alive, happily interbreeding with other humans, which is pretty decisive evidence that they are human.

I assume you are probably trolling, but if by some chance you are not, the bad archaeology site is a good place to start. You might enjoy a book on the Maya written by someone who has actually studied their culture and history, too. Ancient civilizations are even more fascinating and mind-expanding when we don't start from weird bigoted preconceptions that they couldn't have been sophisticated without extraterrestrial intervention. In fact, wrapping your mind around the realities of ancient cultures different from our own takes a *lot* more open-mindedness than accepting the "aliens did it" one-size-fits-all explanations that new age pseudo-scientists force onto superficial glances at evidence they can't be bothered to make the effort to understand in context, plus free association games played with ancient texts they don't have the background to begin to interpret.

Or you can go with Moby and Starchild (one of the biggest hoaxes of recent times).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast