Posted On:
    12/05/2012 3:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Please help....

Hey guys,

I've got my first Thai fight on Saturday and I've managed to rip the skin from the bottom of my big toe in training. Does anyone know any good tips apart from tape it up and ignore it? Can feel it draining my confidence already!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any of that liquid bandage? I've used that on hands and feet and it works great. I would put the liquid bandage on there and let it dry up really well. Then tape over it before you train. You should be good to go.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 5:14pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Do you have any of that liquid bandage? I've used that on hands and feet and it works great. I would put the liquid bandage on there and let it dry up really well. Then tape over it before you train. You should be good to go.
    Yeah, liquid skin/bandage is the best as far as I know. Apply rubbing alcohol and allow to dry completely before applying. The dryer your skin is, the better the bond will be. Water interferes with it's ability to bond to your skin.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:24pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liquid skin is just super glue right? That's literally what I use when I need a cut or something fixed right away. As I'm typing this I'm re-thinking this decision, I assume that's not a healthy use of super glue.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    Liquid skin is just super glue right? That's literally what I use when I need a cut or something fixed right away. As I'm typing this I'm re-thinking this decision, I assume that's not a healthy use of super glue.
    No, it's not super glue! They are not interchangeable. Super glue has toxins in it that should not be introduced into your body. You may get away with it for a while, or you may grow a finger out of your forehead.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 6:12pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

They kind of sound the same.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 3:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Please help....

Hey, just to let you know... I used the liquid bandage and it worked a treat. Protected it in training sessions and I didn't even know it was there! I ripped a whole new flap off in the fight though...didn't feel anything til afterwards though! Haha.