Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 11:25am

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

When the anniversary goes wrong.

So my girl and I just celebrated our anniversary....as an anniversary surprise, I got her passes to a local obstacle course that just opened just south of Boston. We are both in pretty good shape, I figured that we'd do a couple of runs, then go into the Boston for some fancy city food, then head home.

Unfortunately, fun, upscale comfort food, and lovin was not the end result.

The first time going through the course, she leapt from a platform onto a gigantic foam and rubber ball, then slid down the side and through a goddam trapdoor where the ball was anchored to the floor underneath. She sprained her right ankle, and had a spiral fracture of both her tibia and fibia in the left. 3 days and a plate and 2 screws later, we are home and I am the worst boyfriend in the world.

Next year I plan to skip all the travel and just set a bear trap in the middle of the bedroom.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 11:39am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dang, that sounds like a rough time on an important day. Don't beat yourself up about it though. It's not like a man would ever purposely plan to screw up an anniversary with someone he genuinely cares about.

Several years ago I went through a period where I would sustain an injury that was bad enough to merit a hospital visit on our anniversary or my wife's birthday.

This is a brief description of the worst experience. On our anniversary, a beam fell on my arm during framing punch out on a house my crew built. One of the guys set the beam, but forgot to nail it off. I thought it was broken (it wasn't). Later, on her birthday, I cut the end of my thumb off trying to do a hasty remodel on our bathroom. We agreed that I would take the day off on both occasions the following year.

Good times.
    Last edited by jnp; 12/01/2012 3:29pm at . Reason: Forgot a modifier.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 11:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife forgot and argued the date when we got married. She was wrong. I have a lifetime pass for forgetting anything.

Before someone says something silly, it was our FIRST Anniversary. Yes, LIFETIME pass.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/01/2012 2:38pm at .

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:19pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I felt pretty awful...especially as when we arrived at the place, there were a number of things I found suspicious(no signage, pictures didn't match what was on the website, staff was lackadaisical). My other option was a sushi making class at a brazilian barbecue/hibachi/sushi bar. Obviously somewhat less exciting, but less likelihood of being maimed.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    My other option was a sushi making class at a brazilian barbecue/hibachi/sushi bar. Obviously somewhat less exciting, but less likelihood of being maimed.
    Clearly you didn't read what jnp said about his thumb.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:09pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jewelry, man. Jewelry.

This message is endorsed by Mrs. Devil.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2012 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Jewelry, man. Jewelry.
    I can only assume you are talking about the rings that will collide with her face as you backhand her for sassing you about your failed attempt at romance.

This message is endorsed by Mrs. Devil.
    How did you luck up and and get the kinky one?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 2:05am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I can only assume you are talking about the rings that will collide with her face as you backhand her for sassing you about your failed attempt at romance.

I don't actually have to use the well manicured, moisturized, and bejeweled pimp hand anymore. The mere threat of it is enough.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 3:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    My wife forgot and argued the date when we got married. She was wrong. I have a lifetime pass for forgetting anything.

Before someone says something silly, it was our FIRST Anniversary. Yes, LIFETIME pass.
    Both me and my wife completely forgot our First Anniversary. I brought it up a few months later like um I think we missed something.

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 1:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    The first time going through the course, she leapt from a platform onto a gigantic foam and rubber ball, then slid down the side and through a goddam trapdoor where the ball was anchored to the floor underneath. .

Video could have been hilarious. Hope she has a speedy recovery!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast