• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 11:09am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Savethechildren??

Ok so this thread I'm starting is because of another thread I read a few lines down that sort of caused a question to pop into my head. Now I know it's the holiday season and such so I'm likely to piss on a few picnics here, but I need an answer to this burning question.:

Why is it that people who live in a shithole part of the world where they themselves are starving to death feel it is necessary to have 17 kids well knowing they will probably die from starvation?? And to a greater extent why should the rest of the world have to bail them out of their own lack of common sense?? Now I'm not trying to be mean about it, but it just seems somewhat retarded to have multiple kids when you yourself can't afford food. So maybe you guys can shed some light on this for me because I find it hard to feel sorry for people that seem to create their own problems.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 11:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh the general paintbrush of ignorance is out. There are many reasons, some ignorance, some logical and others cultural. You are ALWAYS too lazy to research, so I'll wait for Devil to troll and someone to explain it to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 11:32am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent first world reasoning there, thank you.

You've got a number of issues which cause people to have too many kids in a poor environment.

1) Lack of access to sex education/contraceptives (often people are told by their clergy/government that contraceptives are of the devil or promote the spread of HIV).

2) Women in this type of culture are often (even usually?) severely oppressed, to the point where saying no is not an option.

3) Culturally, large families are often seen as desirable, again often for religious reasons (go forth and multiply).

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where exactly are starving people having seventeen kids that are mostly (let's say, ten out of seventeen) dying from starvation?

Name, say, four countries where this is common, and then maybe we can discuss a) if this is so and b) why this is so.

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 11:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That actually brings up a good point about the church's involvement in charities. I don't see this as anything but a win win for the church. What possible reason could they have for wanting that status quo to change?? Every 40c of every dollar goes in their pockets. So more kids = more money. But **** even wild animals learn from negative reinforcement, you would think that after a while the people would realize, "oh hey every kid starves maybe we should cut back".

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 12:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say parts of Haiti would qualify. I don't know if it's 17 kids per family, but multiple kids are not uncommon in areas of extreme poverty.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 12:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fuzzy also missed a very important one as well.

http://povertyhci.weebly.com/causes-of-poverty.html
    High birth rates contribute to overpopulation in many developing countries. Children, especially boys, are assets to many poor families because they provide labor, usually for farming. Cultural norms in traditionally rural societies commonly sanction the value of large families. Also, the governments of developing countries often provide little or no support, financial or political, for family planning (see Birth Control) Families may also not know about family planning due to the lack of education. Hence, most developing countries have high rates of population growth.
    There are studies and I may or may not find them later.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    3) Culturally, large families are often seen as desirable, again often for religious reasons (go forth and multiply).
    I'd say that this would be more for the free agricultural labor than for religious reasons.

edit- dang, IIF just posted the same thing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 12:17pm

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'd say that this would be more for the free agricultural labor than for religious reasons.

edit- dang, IIF just posted the same thing
    I'd say both to be honest.

Its also a cultural issue, in African cultures particularly your worth as a man is judged by your fertility and ability to father many children.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/20/2012 1:11pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone called me?

I would actually love to give to charity. I just have a hell of a time finding anyone I think deserves it. Most people who find themselves severely poverty stricken are dumb and/or lazy.

But, but, but, they're KIDS!!!! Yeah, I thought about giving to Coats for Kids (I prefer to call it Slickers for Suckers) but most of those kids have meth addicts for parents and are going to suffer with or without that new Triple Fat Goose. I don't want to spend my money on a lost cause.

Meals on Wheels seemed nice until I realized they're just a bunch of lazy old people who are now reaping the fruits of being lazy young people. No good.

Local soup kitchen? Crackheads. Women's shelter? Dirty prostitutes.

Wounded Warriors? Bunch of grown men who made the decision to put themselves in a position to get de-legged. Not heroes. Coulda' been me. Life's a bitch, then you die. Although I will buy them a beer for ridding the world of a few Muslims.

As for feeding third world kids - it just makes the problem worse. Here's a word all the hippies like to use.....thuthainabilithy. Feeding these little turds isn't sustainable. There are already more children being born than can survive given the resources of their environment. So we allow them to survive long enough to squirt out a couple dozen more skinnies. Do the fucking math.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast