Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!

EDM

Here it is!

Electronic Dance Music

For all you arm chair ravers

It's the begining of a new and excitingly different story

And no. Line dancing does not qualify
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Infected Mushroom on guitar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 7:48pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My son turned up unannounced at 4.30am last saturday morning (there's a tautology in there I know). He'd been to a psy-trance night with some bird he'd "met in Romania". I hid my wallet.

Been looking at the pictures of the night he went to and there were people there older than me. And it looked like great fun. Might have to dig out the glow sticks and Tiger Balm soon....

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 8:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    there were people there older than me. And it looked like great fun. Might have to dig out the glow sticks and Tiger Balm soon....
    It's never too late to simply enjoy yourself to the fullest. I went to a dubstep show (EXCISION!!!) a few months back and had a great time (despite being twice as old as %90 of the people there). Raves are a great place to let lose and ride a good vibration, even for us old bastiches. JMHO

But since we are in EDM land, who's up for some Royksopp?

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 8:54pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!

If there is to be EDM, there is to be this song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 1:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's never too late to simply enjoy yourself to the fullest. I went to a dubstep show (EXCISION!!!) a few months back and had a great time (despite being twice as old as %90 of the people there). Raves are a great place to let lose and ride a good vibration, even for us old bastiches. JMHO

But since we are in EDM land, who's up for some Royksopp?
    Of course you had a great time, it's prime sexual predator zone for you.

Edit: Hold on, I just realized something. You're 33 right? What the **** were you doing at a concert with a bunch of 15-16 year olds? The whole child molester thing is mostly a joke, but what the **** dude. Why don't you hang out with people your own age?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/08/2012 2:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take your bulshit squabbble to your own bullshit thread SirC

There's a good boy

Posted On:
    11/08/2012 3:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    You're 33 right? What the **** were you doing at a concert with a bunch of 15-16 year olds?
    Partying with my 20 year old girlfriend and dancing to 100,000 watts of base. Liquid Stranger opened. It was fucking awesome.

If you have an issue with Excision booking all ages shows take it up with his tour manager. I don't have any control over who goes to what concerts. It was a hardcore Dubstep show at a filthy satanic rock venue, not a Justin Bieber concert at the mall. You're a fucking idiot.

Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/08/2012 3:45am at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/08/2012 7:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Partying with my 20 year old girlfriend and dancing to 100,000 watts of base. Liquid Stranger opened. It was fucking awesome.

If you have an issue with Excision booking all ages shows take it up with his tour manager. I don't have any control over who goes to what concerts. It was a hardcore Dubstep show at a filthy satanic rock venue, not a Justin Bieber concert at the mall. You're a fucking idiot.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You're defeated by simple mathematics. Also that you're at some shitty party with a bunch of high schoolers. OH MY GOD.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast