Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

Hell yeah! Hell no!

And now for your moment of Zen: 1980s self defense video w. Cynthia Rothrock

http://youtu.be/k2gyZ6ZFtuM

Self defense instruction from the mid 80s. I notice a very heavy karate influence. I think it's very relaxing to sit back and watch while sipping a beer.

It must have been so much fun to be a martial arts instructor in the 80s, if all you had to do was put out stuff like this, and let people who'd just watched Karate Kid sign up for your lessons.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    10/28/2012 11:46pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Front leg snap kick?!?!

Some stuff wasn't bad, good to have a fitness part to it. Sometimes RBSD seems to lack it.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 5:39am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    It must have been so much fun to be a martial arts instructor in the 80s, if all you had to do was put out stuff like this, and let people who'd just watched Karate Kid sign up for your lessons.
    It sucked from my vantage point; I had people show up in ninjer pajamas (tabi and all).

The krotty influence was definitely there, pretty much due to the advent of movie rental stores. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were all over television; No Retreat No Surrender, Bloodsport, The Last Dragon & Gymkata had them lining up at theaters. I completely quit teaching children during the 90's; too much exposure to these movies, and too little control.

I found that even though it increased the popularity of martial arts, the choreographed, flashy **** projected by this entertainment actually took away from them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 6:13am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess we should all be on the look out for random leather jacketed thugs on 'der streetz' when there's a fog machine nearby.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know who the real winner is in the advancements in martial arts over the last 20 years?

Balls.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You know who the real winner is in the advancements in martial arts over the last 20 years?

Balls.
    I agree to some degree; there has to be some balance of balls, brains, and skills. Cynthia Rothrock didn't have any balls.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:43am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I agree to some degree; there has to be some balance of balls, brains, and skills. Cynthia Rothrock didn't have any balls.
    I was referring to how the poor balls used to be victimized by black belts across the globe.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 8:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I was referring to how the poor balls used to be victimized by black belts across the globe.
    I misunderstood. Under the right conditions, I might still kick or grab a sack, in order to make my point.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 9:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the response to being choked from mount shown about 38 minutes in. Just reach up and grab him by the throat and hair and throw him off you with the strength of your arms.

The "computer enhanced" bits in the body suit with stick-man lines on it really add to the craziness of the whole thing

Posted On:
    10/29/2012 9:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I love the response to being choked from mount shown about 38 minutes in. Just reach up and grab him by the throat and hair and throw him off you with the strength of your arms.
    No, you missed it. You have to bite the wrist before slinging him away by his hair. It's a diversion which makes this otherwise implausible technique completely realistic.

Duh.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast