Posted On:
    10/11/2012 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Bench

I am injured, again, nothing too serious but sore enough and slow to heal

I have torn my rectus abdominis muscle where it joins my ribs (RHS)

This gives me pain when I breath in deeply, yawn, hiccup, laugh (surfing BS.net can be quite sore). I have sneezed once since and was so sore I have smothered any subsequent tickles. Twisting my upper body is also sore

I am obviously off training and also work as I work in the manual labour field.

Did I get this wound whist cage fighting, or in randori?

Did I ****!

I did it starting up some guys chainsaw.

In fact I don't think I've ever recived a debilitating injury traing in MA's, always work or running

I thought I'd start an injuries thread.

Injuries suck and misery love company

If your rehabilitated any helpfull hints would be great also

Oh yeah...go see a Doctor!
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch.

I've got a massive bruise that runs from my left wrist to my elbow from crossing arms last week. Jow, massage, repeat usually does the trick...

How do you know you've torn a muscle without seeing a doctor first?

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 9:16am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you treat those bruises? i usually put some ice and that's about it.
    Torn muscle in your belly, Jesus... that is an annoying place to be injured in. I didn't know it was that hard to start a chain saw... ffs, you need rest and time for that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 9:25am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Torn + rectus = immature giggling.

Sorry. Sounds like a real bitch of an injury. But I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one having trouble starting chainsaws. It's kinda embarrassing, but that's why I keep shoving off jobs that need one to other guys.

I haven't had any major injuries after I hurt my knee back in 2011. Though last week when I was doing cartwheels as a part of warming up, I twisted my shoulder. It let out a real nasty sounding *crunch*, but luckily it didn't enp up being anything.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rectus? Darn near killed us!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    How do you know you've torn a muscle without seeing a doctor first?
    I have seen a doctor.
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 12:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Torn muscle in your belly, Jesus... that is an annoying place to be injured in.
    ...ffs, you need rest and time for that.
    Yes it is very annoying.

Rest is needed, but i am under pressure work wise to get back and earn some money.
    I have till monday at least

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 11:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Torn muscles are a bitch and the more you use them the longer it will take to heal. I had a similar injury caused by a sneeze, no I'm not kidding. It took a while to heal, but as long as you don't do alot of ab movement you should be fine.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Torn muscles are a bitch and the more you use them the longer it will take to heal. I had a similar injury caused by a sneeze, no I'm not kidding. It took a while to heal, but as long as you don't do alot of ab movement you should be fine.
    I believe the sneeze thing. One of the trainers at my TKD club got a hernia in the groinal area sneezing

I can function well enogh, lift, use a pick and shovel. Its the involuntary things that are the worst. I have to pant like a dog when I exert myself, because taking deep breaths pinches too much

I'm 3 weeks into it now and I'm hoping to be recovered in 3 weeks time

I'm so gonna get owned when I get back on the mats

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe not. I have been out a few times for injury. My last one I was out almost two months after tearing my meniscus and MCL in my left knee. I have found that for short term injuries (1-2 weeks) I usually come back doing better. I didn't think that would be the case for a longer absense but it was. Maybe your brain needs a break sometimes just to process things. I don't know. Anyway I hope you have a speedy recovery and whip out some "Guess what? I'm back" pwnage on your gym buddies.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast