Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 1:37pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bujinkan Bukeyashiki Dojo

Hey everyone,

So I was directed to this Dojo off of the YMAS forum, and have been looking into it more as I can't believe their head instructor is a blackbelt in anything. I've been in contact with him (Mike Reina) and he tells me he is a 6th dan BB in Bujinkan (although his website lists him as Miguel Reina and a 5th dan) and outside of the greater NJ area, I can't find anything that would actually make him a blackbelt. I have asked him for his lineage, which he replied he was given his BB at Firehouse Dojo, but thus far has refused to tell me who gave it to him.

I am fairly certain this is a McDojo. Anyone have any experiences with this Dojo or Mike?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I once again asked Mike Reina to prove his lineage, his response below:

As far as my rank i'm only a 5th dan, not 6th. My certificates are displayed
    on my wall in the dojo. There is where you will see them. However if you think
    my dojo is a Mcdojo then that's fine - I know it's not. I also do not need to
    prove to you my rank or "linage". Sorry that you have this misunderstanding.
    I've searched the interwebz for any information regarding his Blackbelt and still come up empty.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 2:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously?
    BBJ hands out ranks like candy and you are worried about a guy claiming he is a 6th Dan?
    You know they have a 15th dan right?
    Also, go read the rules, this is not even close to being a MABS thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, I don't see what BJJ has to do with this at all. Second, I know the levels they have, however if someone is claiming to be a somewhat high level blackbelt and is charging people 1000 bucks a year to train, they should be a legit blackbelt. further conversation with Mike has led to him evading my questions, and asking me why he should tell me who gave him his bb. It's typical bullshido.

I can't find a single rule that I've broken. http://bukeyashikidojo.com/MikeReinaInstructor.asp that is his instructor page with his claims. I can't screen shot right now, but have no problem showing you the diagloue between me and him. And no, this is not about a vandetta either.

But please, enlighten me as to what rule this thread violates.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:21pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He meant BBT, Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.
    BBT is known for very being very leisurely with belts.
    The only ones considered important are 5th dan, cause you can only get it in Japan and 10th because you need signatures of sponsoring higher grades.
    Since the value of belts is very low, fraud isn't a major source of concern IMO.
    You'd be hard pressed to spot the difference in skill between many BBT blacks and beginners and it's widely known inside their community.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:27pm

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, he has plenty of pics of himself at the Hombu dojo, with Hatsumi, he wouldn't claim a 5th dan if he didn't pass the test, which isn't even technical in nature but involves evading a strike to the head from behind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:30pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, well Mike claims he is a 5th dan, and it appears he recieved that from Jim Wagner, who is widely suspected to be a total fake.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone has ever been to this school, seen the instruction, etc.

he has two pictures with Hatsumi that I can see, and 3 pictures at Hombu. I don't see what that proves. Further, if he did get his belt from Hatsumi, why wouldn't he just say that in the beginning? From what I can tell through my dialogue with him, Hatsumi did not award him anything.
    Last edited by sklart; 9/25/2012 3:34pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to guess you're an idiot, Sklart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:45pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for what reason?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/25/2012 3:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because you don't even know what the words you're using mean.

He could have a completely made-up rank from someone know to hand out forged rank certificates & still run a decent dojo.

The rank of the instructor has nothing to do with whether or not it is a McDojo.

In closing, looking at your post count, the time you've had an active account with us, I am going to advise you to SIT THE **** DOWN AND SHUT THE **** UP AND STOP HARRASSING SOMEONE ABOUT **** YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT!
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast