• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 9:53am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Texas sucks

After pissing off the entire nation of Norway, I decided to concentrate a little closer to home this time. Now normally Texas only mildly irritates me, mostly by producing some of the most mentally retarded candidates in existence. But this time Texas decided to separate itself from the heard by one upping police shootings.:

A Houston police officer fatally shot in the head a schizophrenic, wheelchair-bound double amputee threatening people with a pen at a group home for the mentally ill after authorities said the man advanced on the officer's partner, police said.
    The shooting occurred early Saturday morning after police responded to a call that resident Brian Claunch was acting aggressively after his caretaker refused to give him a cigarette and a soda, the owner of the home and police said.
    "The officers made verbal commands for the suspect to drop whatever he had in his hand, to stay still and to speak with the officers, but the suspect continued to make threats," Jodi Silva, a police spokeswoman, told CNN affiliate KTRK in Houston.
    Claunch, who lost an arm and a leg in a train accident, trapped one officer with his wheelchair in the corner of a room "where he couldn't get out," said a Houston police department spokesperson who declined to be identified. The double amputee was "advancing towards" the officers and "refusing to show his hands."
    According to police accounts reported in the media, including by KTRK, Claunch attempted to stab the officer with an object that turned out to be a pen.
    Officer Matt Marin, "in fear of the safety of his partner and the safety of himself, discharges his duty weapon, striking the suspect," Silva said.
    The unnamed Houston police spokesperson said later Sunday that Marin himself was not cornered, unlike his partner, when he shot the wheelchair-bound man in the head.
    According to investigators, Claunch was shot once and he died at the scene.
    It was the second time Marin was involved in a shooting. In October 2009, he shot and killed a knife-wielding man who stabbed his girlfriend and a neighbor, according to published reports at the time. Marin joined the Houston Police Department in 2007.
    In the wake of the weekend shooting, the officer was placed on administrative leave per department policy, according to police.
    Claunch, who was in his 40s, had been at the Healing Hands home for 18 months, John Garcia, the owner of the group home, told KRTK.
    Houston police have not released the identity of the man, though Garcia identified him as Claunch.
    Garcia told the Houston Chronicle that Claunch liked to "doodle."
    Two days earlier, Garcia gave Claunch a black felt pen to draw. Garcia told the newspaper he did not know if it was that pen or another one that Clauch had in his hand when he was shot.
    Garcia said Claunch suffered from schizophrenia and a bipolar disorder.
    "He had a temper. He could fly off once in awhile," he told CNN affiliate KHOU.
    Claunch was capable of making people in the house feel threatened during an outrage, even though he was confined to a wheelchair, Garcia said.
    "Emotionally disturbed individuals, when threatened, are going to react in most instances, excessively," Dr. Ed Reitman, a clinical psychologist, told KRTK.
    "This was an incident that didn't have to take place if the individual -- a police officer -- had been trained in dealing with emotionally disturbed individuals."
    The Houston Police Department has officers trained to deal with the mentally ill, though the department would not say whether Marin received training, according to KRTK.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-09-23/u...nt-john-garcia

So in Texas the way of dealing with a wheelchair bound amputee armed with an ink pen is a bullet to the head?? That's just fucked up.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:03am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't they have tazers and pepper spray? Sounds difficult for the officer to justify the shooting. He can say he tried to shoot him in the leg but...couldn't find them so he shot him in the head. Yes, that sounds about right, i should be his lawyer. Is the crazy guy black?

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:07am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering about the taser/pepper spray too, but hell one well placed boot could have ended it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how they try to downplay the danger of the situation by stating the guy that got shot was a schizophrenic, double amputee in a wheelchair like that somehow negates the fact he's crazy and cornered an officer refusing to show what was in his hands and trying to stab said officer. I also love how you question the officer's methods while knowing NOTHING of the situation in the room like the placement of people or situation leading up to the shooting.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:45am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh...

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:54am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I like how they try to downplay the danger of the situation by stating the guy that got shot was a schizophrenic, double amputee in a wheelchair like that somehow negates the fact he's crazy and cornered an officer refusing to show what was in his hands and trying to stab said officer. I also love how you question the officer's methods while knowing NOTHING of the situation in the room like the placement of people or situation leading up to the shooting.
    Are you fucking serious dude?? What do you think he was up against this guy??: Yes I'm sure that ink pen was real fucking deadly.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 10:59am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Are you fucking serious dude??
    As a heart attack. I don't have much faith in LEO but I know there are some good ones so I try not to act like I was in their situations when I wasn't.

What do you think he was up against this guy??:
    You were bursting at the seams waiting to let this out, weren't you?

Yes I'm sure that ink pen was real fucking deadly.
    Um, yes. Ink pens are deadly. If you don't believe that, thrust one in your abdomen right now. Don't forget to video tape it so I can laugh at your dumbass on the news later.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:03am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Are you fucking serious dude?? What do you think he was up against this guy??: Yes I'm sure that ink pen was real fucking deadly.
    Let's look at this a different way. Are you concerned that what the cop did was illegal, or do you accept the fact that it could have been legal, but was still wrong because it was mean?

This is the logic I see employed frequently in shooting situations. Many people can accept the circumstances of a shooting from a logical standpoint, but get really bent out of shape because they think the shooter is supposed to give a **** and they don't.

I look at things differently. Why should anyone have remorse for shooting someone if their actions were legal? If the legless pen stabber attacked the cop, then the cop was within his legal right to defend himself. It's not his job to give a **** about whether he comes off as a meanie.

Pop, pop, pop. Watch the cripples drop.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:16am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Police officers should be braver and calmer than your average guy facing danger. They emphasized the fact the guy was a double amputee because he has half his body, that gota make it easy to fight him with less than lethal force. I mean, you know with which hand he is going to attack...circle to the other direction..or flip him off the wheelchair. You basically say we can't judge him base on those facts because we weren't there, well, the judge presiding his case wasn't there too. I actually saw two policemen arrest a violent schizophrenic man inside his parents house (neighbors) after he demolished the house and beat the **** out of his elderly dad and younger brothers. He was scary as **** and those two brave guys just went into his room (while i stood in the living room all scared and **** to do anything thanking god the police came quick). They didn't draw their weapons when i told them the guy is crazy and off his meds, just wrestled with him and cuffed him. They downplayed the danger because, well, it was only half dangerous.

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 11:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a heart attack. I don't have much faith in LEO but I know there are some good ones so I try not to act like I was in their situations when I wasn't.

You were bursting at the seams waiting to let this out, weren't you?

Um, yes. Ink pens are deadly. If you don't believe that, thrust one in your abdomen right now. Don't forget to video tape it so I can laugh at your dumbass on the news later.
    Yes actually I already had it copied ready to paste.

I will have to disagree about the pen though, especially when wielded by a one armed one legged wheelchair bound gimp. Any cop who can't handle that type of "assault"'without emptying the suspects brains all over the floor needs to rethink wether they are in the right profession.
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast