--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Travel Insurance/NHS/EU Health Insurance and full contact.

Right, so I want to start attending EU Throwdowns at some point and I want to attend the Euro Dog Bros gathering in 2014 or 2015 but I have no idea how insurance works for this sort of thing.

Travel insurance seems to cover only "non-competetive" martial arts TRAINING.

I will hopefully have my UK passport before the end of next year and I understand that this gives me access to the EU Health Insurance card which gets you discounts for some things.

Do any of our UK/EU members have any experience/advice?

Surely some of you must've broken something overseas at some point.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Thanks, I gave that a read before posting the thread. Have you had to use yours at any point for anything Martial Arts related?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hola

Hello MMA Nuts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Right, so I want to start attending EU Throwdowns at some point and I want to attend the Euro Dog Bros gathering in 2014 or 2015 but I have no idea how insurance works for this sort of thing.

Travel insurance seems to cover only "non-competetive" martial arts TRAINING.

I will hopefully have my UK passport before the end of next year and I understand that this gives me access to the EU Health Insurance card which gets you discounts for some things.

Do any of our UK/EU members have any experience/advice?

Surely some of you must've broken something overseas at some point.
    I've taken additional insurance out for Snowboarding & mountain walking in the past. When I broke a wrist a few years ago I got it set and strapped up on the EHIC in a French hospital for free.

A quick google showed this lot, but most insurance companies will probably put a policy together for you, you'd probably need to speak to an actual human being though.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    I've taken additional insurance out for Snowboarding & mountain walking in the past. When I broke a wrist a few years ago I got it set and strapped up on the EHIC in a French hospital for free.

A quick google showed this lot, but most insurance companies will probably put a policy together for you, you'd probably need to speak to an actual human being though.
    Thanks man, that's actually a better link than any I found. I'll probably give them a call when the time comes.