Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 5:19pm

Style: bujinkan & shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

lost certificate, and i cant tell which ones i have. please help translate.

hi all. due to re organising my front desk, i have a small problem that could be fixed from here. does any one here read japanese, or is there any bujinkan people who can help. i have my teaching licence (shidoshi-ho) and my 2nd dan and 4th dan from japan. the problem was due to moving i had stuff in storage, and when i got them out, the storage place lost one certificate, and i cant read them lol..

one of them must be my teaching licence, and the other one must be of my rank certificate, but i cant tell which one is which. also do i have the 2nd dan or 4th dan certificate here. so i can write to japan to replace the one i lost. thanks all for your help. mathew.

ohh it says here i may not post attachments.... why not? this is a great start lol..
    Last edited by family karate; 8/28/2012 5:20pm at . Reason: spelling

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 5:40pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    G'day Matt

You need to have made a certain amount of posts in order to be able to uplaod attachments. Alternatively you can purchase a supporting memebership ($20 a year) which will allow you to do so instantly. Posts in Trollshido don't count (so your entries in the thread by Ronin won't count).

Why don't you start a thread in Newbietown, introduce yourself and outline your martial arts experience and training. But remember to read the stickies before posting (they are the thread headed 'family karate! READ ME!').

Alternatively you could contact your local staff member and arrange a means to post the certs through them.
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 8/28/2012 5:48pm at . Reason: Pipped you at the post again Fields! Now if I could only figure out how to do that to you on the mat..... ;-)
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 5:40pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to build your post count up before you can post attachments, it helps deter spammers. My suggestion would be go to newbietown, introduce yourself in a new thread there and have a discussion. You can even ask your question in that thread, which I would also recommend.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 9:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok thanks. i will i have started filling out our clubs BIO. but can i email some one one photo so they can post it too help me find out about my certificates....

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 3:47pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by family karate View Post
    hi all. due to re organising my front desk, i have a small problem that could be fixed from here. does any one here read japanese, or is there any bujinkan people who can help. i have my teaching licence (shidoshi-ho) and my 2nd dan and 4th dan from japan. the problem was due to moving i had stuff in storage, and when i got them out, the storage place lost one certificate, and i cant read them lol..

one of them must be my teaching licence, and the other one must be of my rank certificate, but i cant tell which one is which. also do i have the 2nd dan or 4th dan certificate here. so i can write to japan to replace the one i lost. thanks all for your help. mathew.

ohh it says here i may not post attachments.... why not? this is a great start lol..
    I'm guessing you're not currently active within the Bujinkan. Otherwise, the best answer would be for you to contact a Shidoshi or Shihan with whom you're friendly to help sort this out.

All your dan rank certificates should look similar. Your Shidoshi-ho license (if it's anything like mine) looks different. The document is smaller, printed on card stock, and has a fancy, gold border.

It should look something like this (not mine, but pulled off the Interwebz):

Technically, you're supposed to be paying an annual fee and receiving an annual membership card for the Shidoshi-Kai. If you don't have the full license as above, you may have one or more of these ID cards depending on how many years you were actively paying dues. The cards look like this (still, not mine):

I've never had to replace a lost certificate, so I don't know what the process is or if there are any fees involved. Good luck.

I might be able to help you sort out which rank cert is which, but you'll need to send me pics of what you've got. You'll be able to PM when you achieve 25 posts.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 4:14pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The other alternative is to put the pics in a site like photobucket and then post the links here.

At any rate you can look for this symbol: 段 which means dan, and then check the number which will be either above it if written vertically or to the left. 二段 would be nidan, 四段 would be yondan if they are using the normal way of doing things, I think there might be other ways to write 2 and 4 more formally or something.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 4:38pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by family karate View Post
    ok thanks. i will i have started filling out our clubs BIO. but can i email some one one photo so they can post it too help me find out about my certificates....
    here you go matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bujinkan.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	13643
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 5:54pm

Style: Judo, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are your shidoshi-ho and nidan certificates - looks like you're missing the yondan (4th dan) certificate

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 10:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great thanks all. i could not read it, i was looking for the symbols. just my luck they lost the 4th dan. it's ok i write in to my japanese shihan. the funny thing was, i never got the yearly membership card for about 12 years until i went to japan. i paid a few times, i think was only $20 or something a year. then i had to pay for the licence. i wanted to go back last year but with the power plant thing, and even with Aus$, i would only get bout 80 yen or something, then i opened the new dojo, so had no time. i'm planning for next year as i have a few other dojo's there to visit. thanks to all for you help

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 10:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ohhh i forgot.. thanks cualltaigh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast