Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 2:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

started a new art called budokwai :)

hi there i have started a new martial art called budokwai which i had never heard of until my friend brought me along to the class. ive tried searching it everywhere on the internet and it comes up with nothing but things to do with judo or karate,

the movement of the martial art is based on 45 degress movements and counter attacking your oppenents attack first taking their balance/strength and then applying what ever you want to do too them.
    it has all knife and weapon disarms involved. the guy who teaches it i believe is ex forces retired.

when i asked him about the art he said that samurais used to use it, and also modern bodyguard's use it. if anyone knows anymore about this art would you be kind enough to share i would like to get a better understanding of its history. and no its not aikido or ju jutsu :)

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 2:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iced16 View Post
    and no its not aikido or ju jutsu :)
    From the Budokwai webstie:

http://www.budokwai.co.uk/

The main disciplines, which are now taught at the Club are Judo, Karate, Aikido and Jiu-Jitsu

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 4:29pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post

That club on the website looks all kind of awesome! Traditional judo and karate and BJJ all at one location. Fees listed on web page. Detailed history. Impressive.

Posted On:
    8/28/2012 4:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi there i have started a new martial art called budokwai which i had never heard of until my friend brought me along to the class. ive tried searching it everywhere on the internet and it comes up with nothing but things to do with judo or karate,

the movement of the martial art is based on 45 degress movements and counter attacking your oppenents attack first taking their balance/strength and then applying what ever you want to do too them.
    it has all knife and weapon disarms involved. the guy who teaches it i believe is ex forces retired.

when i asked him about the art he said that samurais used to use it, and also modern bodyguard's use it. if anyone knows anymore about this art would you be kind enough to share i would like to get a better understanding of its history. and no its not aikido or ju jutsu :)
    You're doing some bullshit. Budokwai is Japanese for place for training in Budo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post

Errm no, that's not related. That's the UK's oldest Judo club that also offers various other MA including Aikido and BJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    That club on the website looks all kind of awesome! Traditional judo and karate and BJJ all at one location. Fees listed on web page. Detailed history. Impressive.
    It's a fantastic club for Judo, no idea about their other offerings, but it's home to a ton of elite Judoka.

The gym downstairs used to play host to the likes of Kylie Minogue and has been graced by Madonna when she was dating Guy Ritchie.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 11:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i do not train at that club the art is called budokwai and i dont think its some bullshit either it is a self defensive art designed for real situations and does not involve grabbing an attackers weapon in any form. but thanks for commenting :-)

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 11:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rhymes with Mogwai.

Can defend against post-midnight gremlins?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 11:16am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i do not train at that club the art is called budokwai and i dont think its some bullshit either ...
    Of course you don't. If you did you wouldn't train in it right?

Is there a website for the club you train at, or for the style? I'm curious to know more about Budokwai.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:03pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it is a self defensive art designed for real situations and does not involve grabbing an attackers weapon in any form. but thanks for commenting
    What is your background? How much training have you had, to determine a) that it's not bullshit and b) that it is actually designed for real situations, rather than someone's fanciful idea of what a real situation is?

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:05pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This description is troubling. Taking angles and counter attacks are parts of many arts. Taking people's strength and do whatever you want can range from a poetic description of effective techniques to a steaming pile of nonsense. What's your background in martial art? And do you spar in class against fully resisting opponents?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 1:05pm

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you spar?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast