MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Double knife defense all the way across the sky

Ok, feel free to move this thread if it's too bogged down in hypothetical YMAS-ness, but I'm posting it here first.
    As the the sages said, trying to take on a knife-wielding opponent in a fight is a bitch and a half and something that should generally be avoided. I came out of my one real-life knife encounter unscathed, but my antagonist was extremely drunk and I was wearing a shirt of chainmail, so it was pretty ideal conditions.
    So let's ramp this scenarioup: fighting a guy with two knives, one in each hand. The vast majority of the knife-defense strategies of engagement out there involve seizing the knife hand with both of yours in some capacity, which obviously Does Not Fly if the guy has a second knife to stab you with while you try and wrist-return the first out of his hands.
    So, with the power of imagination, let's say your caught fighting this double-knife wielding villain, whilst unarmed. And this is motherfucking thunderdome we're talking about (minus the chainsaws on the walls), so no fleeing the scene or offering to buy him a drink instead or any of that weak-ass **** that works in real life. Just you and 2xKnifeMan, to the death.
    What's the plan? Arm drag-->full nelson--> neck crank? Early KO before you get stabbed to death? My fascination for absurdly fantastical and one-sided fight scenarios must be fed.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 2:26am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such a fantastical threat calls for an adequately fantastical response, in turn. Clearly the answer is to helicopter kick both knives -yes, both at once- out of the hypothetical maniac's hands, Van Damme style.

Then proceed to move in with whichever touch of death is your preferred method of execution, naturally.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:10am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually tried this in class. Nothing works, you just die.

In an IRL situation I'd prolly try to stay as far away from the fucker as possible and just throw **** at him/hit him with a chair.

Plan C would probably be the JKD pull-your-belt-off-and-hit-him-with-it move.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:27am

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A) always carry SAR approved whistle
    B) squat, dump in own hands and go scat missile on opponent
    C) disable with rapier wit
    D) place steel capped safety footwear on hands and assail opponents hands

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 5:01am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, I don't like the odds at all. I already know that all of the knife defense techniques that I have learned over the years are pretty much useless in anything less than a textbook attack. That having been said, I am going for a low center-of-gravity counter. Low leg and groin kicks both for decreasing his mobility and for distraction until I can either hit something vital or disarm.

My objective under this scenario: to survive with minimal damage. Now, if I actually get one or both of the knives away from this pseudo-gladiator, he better think fast LOL.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 5:08am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point about the low-level kicks. They've definitely given me the most success in empty hand vs knife sparring.

Savate-style toe kick to the knee with safety boots ftw.

Of course, you're fucked if he knows how to shoot.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 5:31am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Of course, you're fucked if he knows how to shoot.
    I would prefer that he drop the knives and shoot. At least that way, I will be on my ass, but won't get cut as much.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a Thunderdome situation, your only real hope is to continue to zone to one side, so you're only dealing with one knife at a time, and pray for some sort of ballistic disarm (defanging). Knee and lower kicks may work, but will likely only be in a range that he will be able to easily stab you. Kicking higher than the knee is a great way to get yourself stabbed in the leg, especially since he has two knives.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there any rocks lying around in this hypothetical battle arena, and are you any good at pitching?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 8:45am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately for Chief Twoblade, I always keep two shanks squirreled away in my butthole. So I would **** them out, cut him to ribbons because I'm better than him, then wait for him to die from the E-Coli infection.

Edit - Oops, didn't realize this was in The Armory. Excuse me while I lube up for jnp's phallus.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast