Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 3:52pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Coolest Muay Thai Trunks Ever Thread

My new hobby is searching the internet for ridiculous muay thai trunks to strike fear into the hearts of my opponents. Or at least to strike awesomeness into the face of my girlfriend when she is a spectator. Or to just be able to look at people and give them a stare that says "**** yea, I'm wearing a purple shirt with a unicorn on it, and bright orange thai shorts with a demon face on the dick. This is how I roll."

.......Then they beat the crap out of me.

Anyway, I recently bought these to celebrate my prajaed test that I'm taking in a couple of hours:

Name:  RAJ-RTB221.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  33.0 KB

That is fucking spider-man on some fucking thai trunks.

I also purchased these:

Name:  KNG-TKTBS-041.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  7.5 KB
    Because sometimes when I get in the ring I feel like I am being punished (e.g. like a gladiator fighting tigers).

Speaking of tigers....

Name:  KBT-S160.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  5.9 KB
    Name:  Combat%20Sports%20Hybrid%20Muay%20Thai%20Trunks%20-%20Thai%20Tiger%20lg.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  33.2 KB
    I'm already well known for having a tiger-shaped crotch.

Please share your most awesome, ridiculous, or osten-fucking-tatious fight gear (or is it just me?)

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 4:02pm

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen videos of my instructor fighting in a pair of bright yellow/orange shorts with a huge smiley face on the arse.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Because sometimes when I get in the ring
    What happened to keeping us posted on your competition??

And what is the significance of the Prajead test? I googled it but all I found were videos of tests and websites selling Prajeads. The only site I found with any real info said something about trinkets being worn by Thai fighters back in the day that were prayed(?) to for luck, but nothing specific about the Prajead.
    Last edited by itwasntme; 8/22/2012 4:29pm at .
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 5:02pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    And what is the significance of the Prajead test? I googled it but all I found were videos of tests and websites selling Prajeads. The only site I found with any real info said something about trinkets being worn by Thai fighters back in the day that were prayed(?) to for luck, but nothing specific about the Prajead.
    Some places do coloured ones to denote rank.

Those spiderman ones are fucking ace, I am definitely getting a pair.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pow! Biff! Zap!

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 5:23pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I guess that as I started Muay Thai I also should get some trunks

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Well I guess that as I started Muay Thai I also should get some trunks
    make sure you're allowed to wear them in your gym. in some gyms, fight shorts are for people who take ring fights. others have to wear some other sort of shorts.

i saw all sorts of cartoon characters and other comic shorts in thailand, it's really common. i personally like the ones with the yellow smiley face on the crotch. it just has to be a distraction to your opponent.

anyway, i'm not a "typical american" in that i have traveled a lot, speak 2 languages and know a small amount of a few other languages, am not fat, etc. so when i travel, i always like to know what the stereotypes are of americans (i get a lot of people talking **** about americans around me, with a "oh you're not like that at *all*" thrown in at the end.) so, i have told this story here before, but when i was in thailand, my camp suggested that i get some shorts with my name on them. i said, "hey, if i'm going to get custom shorts, can you put 'fat lazy pervert' on them in thai?" people said, "why would you want that?" and i said that was what they thought of all americans so why shouldn't i have it on my shorts? lots of "yeah, sure they are, but not *you*" responses.

they didn't get my sense of humor and wouldn't make the shorts. :(
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 6:13pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    make sure you're allowed to wear them in your gym. in some gyms, fight shorts are for people who take ring fights. others have to wear some other sort of shorts.

i saw all sorts of cartoon characters and other comic shorts in thailand, it's really common. i personally like the ones with the yellow smiley face on the crotch. it just has to be a distraction to your opponent.

anyway, i'm not a "typical american" in that i have traveled a lot, speak 2 languages and know a small amount of a few other languages, am not fat, etc. so when i travel, i always like to know what the stereotypes are of americans (i get a lot of people talking **** about americans around me, with a "oh you're not like that at *all*" thrown in at the end.) so, i have told this story here before, but when i was in thailand, my camp suggested that i get some shorts with my name on them. i said, "hey, if i'm going to get custom shorts, can you put 'fat lazy pervert' on them in thai?" people said, "why would you want that?" and i said that was what they thought of all americans so why shouldn't i have it on my shorts? lots of "yeah, sure they are, but not *you*" responses.

they didn't get my sense of humor and wouldn't make the shorts. :(
    Thanks for the advice, I will ask around my gym but I have no need of trunks right now nor the money to spare.
    That's a nice story so what shorts did you use in the end? how much did you competed in thailand?

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 8:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you could wear a grass skirt.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 8:39pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our assistant coach at home wears these, but with a silver glitter skull instead of the eyes. And who do I have to kill to get those black and gold gladiator shorts?

Name:  TK-TBS-52.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  33.3 KB
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 8/22/2012 8:43pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast