Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

cage wrestling

Hello I cant seem to find any good techniques or advice while defending takedowns on the cage. I have a wrestling background but obviously a lot of stuff changes since you cant move much and sprawl or anything. I know the basics like wide legs and don't let them lock their hands but does anyone have any better techniques or principles to follow? For anything to do with fighting on the wall preferable for the defending the double/single. Thanks!!

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 11:15am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have my guys constantly cross face while hipping out away from the cage. I wish I had a video for you. The secret is to secure a deep pummel because a wizzer is not good to have while up against the cage because you can't bring the person anywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 11:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I have my guys constantly cross face while hipping out away from the cage. I wish I had a video for you. The secret is to secure a deep pummel because a wizzer is not good to have while up against the cage because you can't bring the person anywhere.
    I have been playing with the crossface as well but I get stuck usually with the whizzering arm,it makes sense when you said you cant go anywhere I just dont know an exact technique to do with the opposite arm.
    For example If your are against the cage and opponent has a double with his head on your right, that means you would crossface arm with your right arm and point your hips that way, correct? Now with the left arm what would be a good option? Pummeling w/ the left arm just seems hard because of the angle of your hips. But maybe im not seeing something here

Titanium laced beauty

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 11:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Attention shs101, I realize you are new so I won't throw your thread in the site's toilet. However, you have posted this in the Advanced Grappling forum. It is not an advanced question. I moderate the AdGrap forum very heavily for advanced content. It even says, "This forum is moderated with an iron fist." under the main forum index page.

This is your one, "Get out of jail free" card. I'd advise you to read the stickies at the top of each sub forum to get a handle on which forums are for joking and which are for serious discussions only.

Moved to the basic forum.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 11:30am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shs101 View Post
    I have been playing with the crossface as well but I get stuck usually with the whizzering arm,it makes sense when you said you cant go anywhere I just dont know an exact technique to do with the opposite arm.
    For example If your are against the cage and opponent has a double with his head on your right, that means you would crossface arm with your right arm and point your hips that way, correct? Now with the left arm what would be a good option? Pummeling w/ the left arm just seems hard because of the angle of your hips. But maybe im not seeing something here
    If you're saying turn your belly button toward his head then yes. As a matter of fact you should find that the pummel is easier...unless his head is too low. If it is don't cross face push his face to the ground.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 12:12pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been crossfacing and trying to get an underhook and escape to that side/turning him into the cage.

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 2:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try to secure underhooks, if you can only get one which is likely explode towards one side and work to turn him against the cage (pulling down with your overhool and up on the arm you have underhooked).