Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 2:14am

Style: Tae Kwon Do-Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is there any quality schools left?

I have to be honest, I am completely sick and tired of all the 175th Grandmaster of there own horseshit styles which are all recycled Shotokan Katas (Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Isshin Ryu, Gojun Ryu, Kyokushin, Chicken Soup Ryu, whatever). Then every asshole and his mother has there own MMA school which is a bunch of unskilled assholes beating the **** out of eachother. Then there are a zillion useless styles that are good for wasting time and money (Wing Chun, Akido, Tai Chi, Bagua Zhang, Shaolin Monkey Ass Grasshopper Fist Fu).
    I have been in martial arts for 20+ years. I have blackbelts in several of these useless styles. The most valuable things I ever learned came from High School Wrestling, Amatuer Golden Glove Boxing, Kodokan Judo and the kicks I learned in Tae Kwon Do-Moo Duk Kwan and Muay Thai. I have been out of the loop for a few years because of wars and such where I was focused on projectile weapons and explosives. I am back stateside and I was looking for a local dojo to go train at. Mind you I have been off the grid for about 3 years. Im out of shape, cardio sucks and Im still throwing around 8th degree Grand Poobahs like they were white belts. Im disgusted. I almost want to open my own school and run it like I did training my guys to survive in a war zone but that wouldnt fly in the civilian world. Comments and suggestions are welcome, come share my pain!

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 3:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, there are loads of good schools around.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 4:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.gracietampa.com/ has a good rep. They might not be prepared for your xtreme war-zone focused style, though.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 7:41am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Section-8 View Post
    I have to be honest, I am completely sick and tired of all the 175th Grandmaster of there own horseshit styles which are all recycled Shotokan Katas (Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Isshin Ryu, Gojun Ryu, Kyokushin, Chicken Soup Ryu, whatever). Then every asshole and his mother has there own MMA school which is a bunch of unskilled assholes beating the **** out of eachother. Then there are a zillion useless styles that are good for wasting time and money (Wing Chun, Akido, Tai Chi, Bagua Zhang, Shaolin Monkey Ass Grasshopper Fist Fu).
    I have been in martial arts for 20+ years. I have blackbelts in several of these useless styles. The most valuable things I ever learned came from High School Wrestling, Amatuer Golden Glove Boxing, Kodokan Judo and the kicks I learned in Tae Kwon Do-Moo Duk Kwan and Muay Thai. I have been out of the loop for a few years because of wars and such where I was focused on projectile weapons and explosives. I am back stateside and I was looking for a local dojo to go train at. Mind you I have been off the grid for about 3 years. Im out of shape, cardio sucks and Im still throwing around 8th degree Grand Poobahs like they were white belts. Im disgusted. I almost want to open my own school and run it like I did training my guys to survive in a war zone but that wouldnt fly in the civilian world. Comments and suggestions are welcome, come share my pain!
    You need to shut the **** up.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 7:52am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I almost want to open my own school and run it like I did training my guys to survive in a war zone but that wouldnt fly in the civilian world. Comments and suggestions are welcome, come share my pain!
    Go back active duty, re-class into the 18 series. That will get you into the game. Your martial arts resume already makes you over-qualified for the civilian world.

Then again, you could always just start your own system. Frank Dux did it, so why not.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 9:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you read every YMAS Military "Soldier X" thread and plagiarize the stories?

Oh, and I do like that TKD Kicks are great and Kyokushin is "horeshit recycled shotkahn chicken **** soup" blah blah blah.

Let us know when you enter a KK tournament or participate in one of their multi-man kumites. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 9:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judging by the op's subject/verb agreement, i'd say no.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 10:28am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Judging by the op's subject/verb agreement, i'd say no.
    Apparently, you haven't read the Soldier X stories.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 10:38am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh, and I do like that TKD Kicks are great and Kyokushin is "horeshit recycled shotkahn chicken **** soup" blah blah blah.

Let us know when you enter a KK tournament or participate in one of their multi-man kumites. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
    Seconded. And there needs to be video, too :)

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 10:43am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there are no quality schools left, then there never were any to begin with.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast