Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. FlawlessFC

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Trash Talking

Hi guys and gals I have been a lurker here for a while and have decided to make a first post.

My question is a simple one.

Is it OK for a fighter to talk trash before a fight. I would like to hear all responses for the pros and cons of this.

And secondly is it OK if the fighter that was getting the trashed talked to says NOTHING until after the fight.

example:

Lets say fighter A is talking trash and really taking low shots at fighter B. Now they both fight and fighter B wins. Before the fight fighter B never once said anything back in retaliation but after the fight fighter B decides to unleash with a verbal barrage of insults.

Do you guys think its bad sportsmanship to do so ?

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:00pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If fighter A trash talks he better beat fighter B. If he doesn't, fighter B has my backing to say whatever he pleases. Usually, though, if fighter B hasn't engaged in trash talk, he's probably a dignified human being with belief in himself and probably won't need to put down his defeated foe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take the recent example of Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva. Sonnen talk ****, got his ass beat, but is sure as hell to return and talk more ****. Because that's what he does. I think he has reached the point that scientists call "Critical Faecal Saturation", or CFS, this is where it becomes impossible to not talk ****. As soon as you open your motherfucking mouth, Bam!, **** comes flying out. Nothing Chael can do to stop it, really. Yes, Anderson did try to ram his fist down Chael's throat to stem the flow, but that was a temporizing measure. There is no true cure for Chael's CFS.

Now, for motherfuckers who don't have CFS and talk ****? Eh, who gives a ****. Say what the **** you want. Free speech and all that.

And who talks **** after a fight? That's fucking pointless. It's like fucking your girl, bussing off 2 or 3 orgasms inside her, and then putting on the condom. Fucking horse is long through the gate, it's pissin in the wind. Anyone who does that is a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    7/24/2012 11:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trash talk sells tickets, more tickets means fatter purses, fatter purses means better fighters.
    also what Battlefields said.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/25/2012 12:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To piggy back on what q- dot said, the amount of trash talking is directly proportional with SDS, or small dick syndrome

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

On hiatus

Posted On:
    7/25/2012 1:42am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trash talking raises the stakes (when done correctly).
  7. ghostshade

Posted On:
    7/25/2012 2:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    trash talking could be a way to put pressure on your opponent as well if done right. Personally i rather have the fighters dont talk trash and let their body do the talking IE show who is the better fighter

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/25/2012 3:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessFC View Post
    Hi guys and gals I have been a lurker here for a while and have decided to make a first post.

My question is a simple one.

Is it OK for a fighter to talk trash before a fight. I would like to hear all responses for the pros and cons of this.

And secondly is it OK if the fighter that was getting the trashed talked to says NOTHING until after the fight.

example:

Lets say fighter A is talking trash and really taking low shots at fighter B. Now they both fight and fighter B wins. Before the fight fighter B never once said anything back in retaliation but after the fight fighter B decides to unleash with a verbal barrage of insults.

Do you guys think its bad sportsmanship to do so ?
    It's stupid imo.
    When said fighters are pro it's sad, if they are amateurs its fucking retarded.
    just stfu and get it on.

I once had a fight against some 'ghett0 dude', guy came in with one of those pro boxing jackets, facing off nose to nose, except that didnt work cos he came to my shoulders as in height..hehe
    did I mention this was just a casual amateur match?
    God it felt good when he got knocked on his ass...

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/25/2012 3:06am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw wtf is up with boxing?
    ever since klitchko or however the hell you spell his name is doing okay those other dudes are behaving like a bunch of biggots.
    those black dudes shouldnt get worked up so much cos russians arent even real white people so they're still cool.
    ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2012 4:29am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    true badass don't trashtalk, fedor style.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast