Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Chongololo

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:26am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Summer of Grappling and BJJ Red Herrings: Pitfighter Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    I'm not sure but I've gotten the impression that some people on here only care about martial arts that works in the ring. Im mostly interested in no rules fighting so I was just wondering if this was the right forum for me. Thanks.
    Most fights end up on the ground statistically from the info they've managed to gather, but in my experience regarding street fights/ pit fights/ anything where rules arent such an issue, if youre against multiple attackers and it goes to the ground, youre getting kicked in the head or stomped. Taking a fight to the ground from a self defence POV is only arguably only effective when youre fighting one guy and no one can get a cheap one in. This however doesnt mean you shouldnt train in grappling arts because (as simonifrius said) thats how you get a good takedown defence.
    So heres a list of 10 of the best things (in my opinion) to do if youre new to martial arts and are looking to protect yourself on the streets-

1. RUN!!!
    2. Srike the nose and run
    3. Break collar bone with a strike and run
    4. Hard kick to the knee with the instep of the foot and run
    5. Gouge eyes and run
    6. Grab ears or hair and bring opponents head to your knee repeatedly and run
    7. Slap their ears and run
    8. Kick to the groin and run
    9. Grab, twist, pull and run
    10. When your opponent is talking/ breathing/ just has their mouth open, at the speed of light grab the lower jaw (put your fingers inside the mouth palm down and grab by pushing your fingers into the little bit where the tongue rests, pressing up underneath the chin with your thumb) and yank the jaw down, down and to the side, down and forwards- you get it- hopefully you wont have pulled their jaw off of their head because you might get locked up. Either way, after that- run!

Attacking first normally helps you not get punked too, but only do so if you feel threatened or its assault. Feeling threatened could mean as little as someone being too close to you or talking in a threatening manner. If they make physical contact then you can call it assault i think, might want to check that out though. All i know is a buddy of mine has been arrested for assault twice- once for prodding a policeman and once for tripping over a policewomans shoe.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chongololo View Post
    Most fights end up on the ground statistically from the info they've managed to gather, but in my experience regarding street fights/ pit fights/ anything where rules arent such an issue, if youre against multiple attackers and it goes to the ground, youre getting kicked in the head or stomped.

Nooooooooooooooo.................................. ...........

Taking a fight to the ground from a self defence POV is only arguably only effective when youre fighting one guy and no one can get a cheap one in.
    Nooooooooooooooo.................................. ...
    This however doesnt mean you shouldnt train in grappling arts because (as simonifrius said) thats how you get a good takedown defence.
    So heres a list of 10 of the best things (in my opinion) to do if youre new to martial arts and are looking to protect yourself on the streets-

1. RUN!!!
    2. Srike the nose and run
    3. Break collar bone with a strike and run
    4. Hard kick to the knee with the instep of the foot and run
    5. Gouge eyes and run
    6. Grab ears or hair and bring opponents head to your knee repeatedly and run
    7. Slap their ears and run
    8. Kick to the groin and run
    9. Grab, twist, pull and run
    10. When your opponent is talking/ breathing/ just has their mouth open, at the speed of light grab the lower jaw (put your fingers inside the mouth palm down and grab by pushing your fingers into the little bit where the tongue rests, pressing up underneath the chin with your thumb) and yank the jaw down, down and to the side, down and forwards- you get it- hopefully you wont have pulled their jaw off of their head because you might get locked up. Either way, after that- run!
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........

Attacking first normally helps you not get punked too, but only do so if you feel threatened or its assault. Feeling threatened could mean as little as someone being too close to you or talking in a threatening manner. If they make physical contact then you can call it assault i think, might want to check that out though. All i know is a buddy of mine has been arrested for assault twice- once for prodding a policeman and once for tripping over a policewomans shoe.
    Nooooooooooooo.......

This SUMMER SUCKS.

Who moved the rock and allowed the roaches to scatter?

If you are fighting an army you need a gun, with a high clip, not a martial art. Quit living in the comics and movies.

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:34am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10. When your opponent is talking/ breathing/ just has their mouth open, at the speed of light grab the lower jaw (put your fingers inside the mouth palm down and grab by pushing your fingers into the little bit where the tongue rests, pressing up underneath the chin with your thumb) and yank the jaw down, down and to the side, down and forwards- you get it- hopefully you wont have pulled their jaw off of their head because you might get locked up.
    So let me get this straight, going to the ground is bad, but sticking your fingers in someone's mouth where they could be bitten off is one of the top ten self-defence tactics you can think of? And even if they don't get bitten off, but just get chewed on a little, exposing you to all sorts of infection, you still think that's better?

And seriously, you think you're going to pull someone's jaw off of their head?

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:39am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chong,

What's a pit fight?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    And seriously, you think you're going to pull someone's jaw off of their head?
    but in my experience regarding street fights/ pit fights/ anything where rules arent such an issue, if youre against multiple attackers and it goes to the ground, youre getting kicked in the head or stomped.
    Of course he does, look at his experience. Geez.
  6. Chongololo

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 11:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    If you are fighting an army you need a gun, with a high clip, not a martial art. Quit living in the comics and movies
    If youre 12 and on an MA forum to learn how to fight multiple attackers like bruce lee or batman you dont need a gun. You need to punch the other kid in the face or **** yourself while thinking of taking other kids eyes out enough for it to make you not wanna fight.
    And yes you are right, anyone who wants to see the full back catalogue of all my experience in life need look no further than this website.

Chili, should have mentioned they arent the best tactics i could think of as such and not at all what id do, but it might be the first thing id say to a kid fighting in a place where people get killed every minute...! As far as pulling someones jaw off it depends how much you give it! Just relax your jaw and give it a little tug, tell me you honestly belive if someone like me (6''1, 220 lb) was giving it enough beans i couldnt pull a jaw off?!

Mike, a pit fight (not sure if its an official term) is like an organised street fight where people bet on the fighters. There are no set rules but the fighters can sometimes be expected to come to an agreement as to how they want to fight. Normally if they break those rules, rather than the fight being stopped the fighters just dont get payed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:05pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am Frank Dux.
    LOL..
  8. Chongololo

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna find out who that guy is right now and im guessing I'll be offended?!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:09pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna find out who that guy is right now and im guessing I'll be offended?!
    This is funnier than you know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2012 12:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my god this is great. Keep going, I want to learn more.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast