Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 3:08pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So I'm thinking of joining a Kung Fu Class taught at a gym at Fort Lewis for the Lolz

So I've been pout of Martial Arts since Joining the Army(not counting Combatives).

My Background is from an Association (I trained in KY)that trains in a ranges and thinks no matter how hard you train, a real fight will be ugly look ugly and feel ugly if your lucky. once i moved from KY I trained in Arnis and Krav Maga while waiting to leave for basic.

I got to JBLM and nearly lost the use of my left wirst in a botched surgery to remove a Cyst. A few months later i was rolling with some friends learning from each other etc...untill they PCS'd.

In March of this year i had a nose job to be able to breathe again. From my surgeries i gained alot of weight back so i'm now working it off. I was in a crossfit class and i looked up to the boxing level and low and behold i saw the instructor(a friend pointed him out) looking exactly like how Frank Dux looks these days....Sunglasses in a dim ass room!

After CrossFit i went up there to hit a bag for 15 minutes(after the class my wirst was done but i wanted a few minutes in.) Hes in there with 1 student. going about showing techniques looking like a bad-ass etc. so i started watching....i kept a straight face when he was talking to me. the moves were about half flashy half solid, some no better then what ive trained just different, and some that will get you hurt.

He would loudly mention to said student later on i'll show you the secret stuff when hes(me) not here....That right there took every bit of will power to keep a straight face.

saying after i make one belt i'll know more then any other black belt out there....

So do I Join his class and enlighten his students to bullshido? or just challenge them... next post i'll post gather his name and proper spelling of his art.

If i join I'll post here after every class and encounter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 3:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_nye68 View Post
    In March of this year i had a nose job to be able to breathe again. From my surgeries i gained alot of weight back so i'm now working it off.
    This sounds like a plan.

So do I Join his class and enlighten his students to bullshido? or just challenge them... next post i'll post gather his name and proper spelling of his art.
    This does not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 3:34pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This sounds like a plan.

This does not.
    +1

Why waste your time doing either? Especially if you're trying to get back in shape and need the time to work out properly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 3:46pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much is this Dux-ite planning to charge you? Doesn't sound like much of a "class" if he only has one student.

Glad to hear you're recovering from your injury. Thanks for your military service.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 4:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know if hes charging anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 4:36pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm thinking of joining a Kung Fu Class taught at a gym at Fort Lewis for the Lolz
    As long as it's only for the Lolz..
    If you join his class, 1. you're throwing money down the shitter, 2. you're taking up time you could be using to train in a style you could learn something from, and 3. you would appear to be someone with something to prove. By challenging his students or calling bullshit on him, you gain nothing.

If you decide to join the class, write up an objective, detailed review and post it here. If you are lucky enough to spar with the guy, serve him up, but be respectful about it. He will know, and his student(s) will know what you already know.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 5:01pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being the snarky new guy in a Super Secret martial art is a good way to get enthusiastically punched in the stomach or wristlocked hard in a compliant demo where somehow you're the one meant to look like a dick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While it was hard I pretended to in awe

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/18/2012 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While it was hard I pretended to in awe
    An exclamation of WOWWWW!! can mean a lot of different things LOL.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast