Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Wing chunner

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Barry Cuda Dvds dude is

Hey Anybody checked out the Barry Cuda Kali DVDs their are Badass his JKD Kali Hand Trapping is the Best . He is one of Inosanto students. Check them at You tube search for Barry Cuda Kali

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 9:15pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you post a link. you started the thread. All you did was command readers to do a youtube search. Why don't try starting a real discussion? What do you think about the videos? What is good about it? WHat is bad? Why is it "the best"? Personally i'm not a fan of trapping. I think it works against unsuspecting and less athletic opponents. But against an actively resisting equally strong opponent it's a lot of training time that could be better spent. Now let's start a discussion...
  3. Wing chunner

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 9:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Trapping to Gunting

Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    No, you post a link. you started the thread. All you did was command readers to do a youtube search. Why don't try starting a real discussion? What do you think about the videos? What is good about it? WHat is bad? Why is it "the best"? Personally i'm not a fan of trapping. I think it works against unsuspecting and less athletic opponents. But against an actively resisting equally strong opponent it's a lot of training time that could be better spent. Now let's start a discussion...
    This is my second day here Bullshido , thank you for the heads up for how to start this. Barry Cuda Trapping works in all Boxing ranges I know I take Wing Chun & Kali (Panatukan) the traps to Gunting to the arm , hand, triceps, biceps, will stop anyone Gunting (Limb Destruction) hurts big time ,can stop any attack Boxer or Kick Boxer or other does not matter Also works against weapons is in all Filipino Martial arts .

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 10:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not going to nut ride any styles over this.

Trapping has worked for me. Very effective against drunks and children.

Barry is a good source for flows and two man drills. He really does present some good paterns to work on if you're into this sort of thing.

That said he's a bit of a character and like most MA presenters he thinks his style is the best. Not totally delusional but maybe a leetle beet concieted...

Anyways, his technical knowlege is worth something at least where muscle memory and conditioning are concerned. So if you want to drill some knife stuff, his tutorials are easy to understand and his tech is solid practice for all levels of expertise.

JMHO.
  5. Wing chunner

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 10:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your reply, Panatukan, Kuntaw, I Do the (FMA) empty hands systems of Kali. I also study Wing Chun the trapping of both are some what the same except for the Gunting and FMA goes great with weapons defense. What to you think

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 11:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is english your first language? I find your posts confusing. No links of the guy mentioned in the OP.....no real discussion on trapping. This is another pointless thread you've started.

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 11:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing chunner View Post
    I also study Wing Chun the trapping of both are some what the same except for the Gunting and FMA goes great with weapons defense. What to you think
    I think I don't know enough about Wing Chun to compare the two. Though there are definitely a LOT of crossover techniques among most martial arts.
  8. Wing chunner

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 11:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Is english your first language? I find your posts confusing. No links of the guy mentioned in the OP.....no real discussion on trapping. This is another pointless thread you've started.
    I see you your from Orlando Fl. Are you Cubano or Latino? English is my second language. Please remember this is only my first thread ever on any Website. Thank You

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 11:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No but i'm trying to learn. I'm new to Orlando.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/15/2012 8:49am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing chunner View Post
    This is my second day here Bullshido , thank you for the heads up for how to start this. Barry Cuda Trapping works in all Boxing ranges I know I take Wing Chun & Kali (Panatukan) the traps to Gunting to the arm , hand, triceps, biceps, will stop anyone Gunting (Limb Destruction) hurts big time ,can stop any attack Boxer or Kick Boxer or other does not matter Also works against weapons is in all Filipino Martial arts .
    Come on now. Lets not be ignorant. Trapping has its place. It has a lot of good aspects to it. But it is just a piece of the puzzle. No, it cannot stop "any" attack. That statement makes me think you have not used your trapping techniques in live sparring very much. Otherwise you would know that there doesn't exist a technique that stops any attack.

I went and watched some of Barry Cudas videos. They look pretty good, if that's what you are looking for. But lets not get crazy here!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast