Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 9:40am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Keysi Fighting Method ?

Has anyone here trained in this and is there a general consensus on its effectiveness.
    There is a school near me, here is the site http://www.ultramma.co.uk/frontline/MMA_main.html

It seems to be more of a self defence class, although there are claims that it is "Great for the cage", then it says that "KFM you not be confused with a martial art, this is a fighting system"

Apparently they all wear "KFM" rings and are required to perform a KFM salute before entering the Matt/Cage

Heres the dude who runs the place, with Randy C

Check Youtube for some interesting videos, although it does have a feel of "Too D3Adly for teh Str33t" too it as I cant find any live sparring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keysi_Fighting_Method

Keysi Fighting Method (KFM) is a self defense system whose training is based on the study and cultivation of natural instincts[1], combined with basic combat principles. It was developed by Justo Diéguez Serrano from his fighting experiences while raised on the streets of Spain. The system was co-founded with the help of Andy Norman.[2]
    The Keysi Fighting Method became famous after it was used in the fighting choreography of the movies Batman Begins and its sequels, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. There are currently over 98 Academies worldwide teaching KFM.

KFM makes use of multiple attacking ranges, with or without weapons. The KFM trademark is the thinking man (pensador) and thinking man attack (pensataq), which makes use of a tight defensive shape to protect the most precious part of the body, the head, and smashes and opens up the opponent for the finish using all ranges of strikes — punches, hammer fists, kicks, knees, head butts, and the sharp elbows — all at high, middle, and low lines on the opponent.
    When using the pensador, the combatant places both hands on his head and guards his head and face with cyclical movements of the forearms and elbows. The pensador uses a system of "windows" during these rapid and fluid movements to sight the opponent. This system allows the combatant to protect his face and head while maintaining visual on his opponent.[3]
    KFM tends to get into extreme close quarters when in combat. From the Pensador defense a variety of counter attacks to vital targets (such as the biceps, kidneys or solar plexus) are often launched. KFM also relies on understanding how people typically move or attack in a fight so that when striking, the opponent's body moves to expose further targets.
    Another aspect of KFM is its "360-degree" approach to multi-assailant attacks whether standing, kneeling, sitting or lying down. Part of KFM's philosophy is the redefining of the terms "predator and prey" as well, where the would-be victim becomes the predator and the would-be attackers his/her prey.
    KFM originated in Spain so the majority of its 98 worldwide schools are located in Europe. In 2007 KFM was brought to the United States where it now has Academies established in New York, Los Angeles, Texas, Georgia, Maryland, Delaware, Arizona and Florida. It continues to expand rapidly in the USA as its instructors are developed.
    KFM can also be found now in Australia, with schools appearing in Perth, Brisbane and Canberra as it continues to expand worldwide.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 9:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. My bad. Have used the search function, this has been covered. Delete at will.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    4/20/2012 4:47pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope.
    It won't be deleted, because **** here rarely does and because this thread has a pretty dandy Lesson.
    Search function noob.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 2:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: LOL GUN FU TEEHEEE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have used the search function, this has been covered.

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 8:15am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bernhard8 View Post
    Have used the search function, this has been covered.
    Have read the second post, this has been covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 11:41am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read posts one and three. Did post five cover it, or should I wait for another post with a prime number?

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    I read posts one and three. Did post five cover it, or should I wait for another post with a prime number?
    This has been covered, or if it hasn't it will be in posts 9 & 12

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 12:51pm

Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meanwhile, a completely on-topic post:

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2012 4:52pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anything claiming legitimacy by referring to movies is suspect.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/30/2012 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found a KFM instructional video:
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast