Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 8:51am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I just want to say Thank you for the blessing

I got in a fight last night.. around 8-9 hours ago. Long story short some Spanish guy that was bigger than me tried to beat me up but got stuck in my triangle choke.

Maybe I will explain how it happened later but not right now because I am tiered and hungry.

right now I just want to say thank you for the ability martial arts have given me. I would be in the hospital now if It wasn't for my ability.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As the formal representative of all of the martial arts in this office I am currently sitting in, you are welcome.

And congrats! It's pretty impowering when you are able to successfully defend yourself.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 9:10am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad you're safe. Keep training hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 10:21am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    And congrats! It's pretty empowering when you are able to successfully defend yourself.
    it is. What baffles me about it is how calm and calculated I was during the hole thing. I used to get scared shitless each time I got in a fight of somekind.. and also how easy it was. It is strange to see myself like this. I will start to do things to empower myself from now instead of seeking pleasure.. because this tasted much better than any fine wine and dining.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 10:45am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    it is. What baffles me about it is how calm and calculated I was during the hole thing. I used to get scared shitless each time I got in a fight of somekind.. and also how easy it was. It is strange to see myself like this. I will start to do things to empower myself from now instead of seeking pleasure.. because this tasted much better than any fine wine and dining.
    Uh oh...I think this is how people turn into these vigilante superheros you read about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! That is awesom! I hope i handle myself that well in that kind of situation! Makes me want work out right now...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 11:32am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got to watch out with those Spanish guys

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 11:37am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    it is. What baffles me about it is how calm and calculated I was during the hole thing.
    It's been my experience that people who can actually fight worth a damn do one of three things: either calmly and logically fight like it's a chess board, react without even thinking about it or completely lose their **** and berserk. Obviously, it's not a total A, B or C type of thing, but everyone who I know to have won a street fight that I've talked to about it more or less falls into one of those categories.

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 11:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    It's been my experience that people who can actually fight worth a damn do one of three things: either calmly and logically fight like it's a chess board, react without even thinking about it or completely lose their **** and berserk. Obviously, it's not a total A, B or C type of thing, but everyone who I know to have won a street fight that I've talked to about it more or less falls into one of those categories.
    Yeah that's true. There are people, including me, who have trained for years and know what to do in certain situations. But even though they know so much strategy, when it comes to street fights, they often lose it and sometimes panic. But I guess it all has to do with the situation and your mindset at the given time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2012 12:30pm

Style: tai chi chuan, poekoelan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that's a big part of live training. When you more or less routinely take a punch in training or sparring, you realize it's not the end of the world and you can keep your head through it. Nice win.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast