223591 Bullies, 4146 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Forum Restructuring and YOU

Well, not so much YOU, since we'll be doing all of the heavy lifting.

Just giving you guys a heads-up, we're going to be collapsing the TMA section into a single forum. I'm sure this will cause a bunch of wailing and gnashing of teeth and pants-shitting, but if you genuinely cared about those forums you'd have posted your asses off in there.

We'll also be merging a few of the other sections as the days go by, to make things simpler to navigate, and restructuring MABS a bit as well.

Currently taking input in the Supporting Members Forum (VIP). If you care enough about us *sniff* to toss a couple bucks our way, you're welcome to join in the discussion.

If not, well...

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Admit it this is an attempt to confuse me further so I'll post in the wrong places.

I see your strategy six moves ahead, Phrost!

I hereby quit Bullshido, and I'm going to train with Rudy Abel because he's a straight shooter.

Wait what am I thinking...**** Florida. You can get killed for nothing but a love of Skittles bite-sized candies there.
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should collapse the entire site into one forum. Really. Do it, do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 12:41pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the girl on a Zeus changed into a bull Europe? Is there a hidden symbolism we should be worried about or just 'Look at pretty picture!' thing?

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 2:46pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Is the girl on a Zeus changed into a bull Europe? Is there a hidden symbolism we should be worried about or just 'Look at pretty picture!' thing?
    I thought that was Sirc.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 9:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's obviously the origin of the Minotaur. Duh.

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 9:55am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    That was my thought too--semi-obscure reference to the myth of Europa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(mythology) What it could symbolize in this context, I don't know. Forum union like the EU?

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, symbolism for "Rebuilding the Bull", I believe.

From the remnants of Hesiod's Catalogue of Women:

(TRANS. BY H. G. EVELYN-WHITE)
    Scholiast on Homer, Il. xii. 292:
    Zeus saw Europa the daughter of Phoenix gathering flowers in a meadow with some nymphs and fell in love with her. So he came down and changed himself into a bull and breathed from his mouth a crocus.18 In this way he deceived Europa, carried her off and crossed the sea to Crete where he had intercourse with her. Then in this condition he made her live with Asterion the king of the Cretans. There she conceived and bore three sons, Minos, Sarpedon and Rhadamanthys. The tale is in Hesiod and Bacchylides.

Oxyrhynchus Papyri 1358 fr. 1 (3rd cent. A.D.):
    (ll. 1-32)
    `....So she (Europa) crossed the briny water from afar to Crete, beguiled by the wiles of Zeus. Secretly did the Father snatch her away and gave her a gift, the golden necklace, the toy which Hephaestus the famed craftsman once made by his cunning skill and brought and gave it to his father for a possession. And Zeus received the gift, and gave it in turn to the daughter of proud Phoenix. But when the Father of men and of gods had mated so far off with trim-ankled Europa, then he departed back again from the rich-haired girl. So she bare sons to the almighty Son of Cronos, glorious leaders of wealthy men -- Minos the ruler, and just Rhadamanthys and noble Sarpedon the blameless and strong. To these did wise Zeus give each a share of his honour.

Verily Sarpedon reigned mightily over wide Lycia and ruled very many cities filled with people, wielding the sceptre of Zeus: and great honour followed him, which his father gave him, the great-hearted shepherd of the people. For wise Zeus ordained that he should live for three generations of mortal men and not waste away with old age. He sent him to Troy; and Sarpedon gathered a great host, men chosen out of Lycia to be allies to the Trojans. These men did Sarpedon lead, skilled in bitter war. And Zeus, whose wisdom is everlasting, sent him forth from heaven a star, showing tokens for the return of his dear son . . . for well he (Sarpedon) knew in his heart that the sign was indeed from Zeus. Very greatly did he excel in war together with man-slaying Hector and brake down the wall, bringing woes upon the Danaans. But so soon as Patroclus had inspired the Argives with hard courage . . .
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/22/2012 12:40pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 4:04pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm all about gyms with a monthly fee, no bells or whistles, that let you come to as many classes as you can make.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Yes, symbolism for "Rebuilding the Bull", I believe.
    No, it is symbolism for she likes to be on top. The wave is symbolism for she likes water-sports, and I can't figure out what the significance of the glint on the inside of the bull's right horn.