Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 12:32am

Style: Shotokan karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Preventing scarring from gash on hand?

Because i'm bored i'll actually fill you in on HOW it got there, then my concerns with it lol, epic story that sounds fantasized but is not ACTIVATE!! (if you get bored, fast forward to the last 2 paragraphs)

This tuesday night (it's technically friday now) i had an attempted break in at my home. I had just put my head down finally to sleep, and about 5 mins later (was kind of half in half out) i heard what sounded like our screen door in our garage banging, it was loud enough to make me pop my head out and think to myself "ok, that's not my dad in the bathroom, that was too far away to be that". So i listened for a min, and then i heard scrapping on my window outside my room. At that point i was going to put my light on in my room but i didn't, i slipped a beater and pants on and tip toed out to the living room. I was about to go get my dad when suddenly i heard the screen door to our front door start getting messed with...

I got right infront of the door, and just listened, i realized someone was trying to break in and i couldn't fucking believe the nerve, some ************ was trying to come into MY house, and put MY family at risk. Anyways i waited a minute, until i heard him actually get the screen door open. I then went to the side of the door against the wall and thought to myself "ok, i'm either going to let this guy get in here, and then i'm going to sneak up behind him (he wouldn't have seen me if he opened the door) and RNC the **** out of him, or i'm going to try to scare him off." During this thought process i realized that the front door was now being messed with, and i could see his face through the little window we have on the door, i freaked out and my body just reacted.

I screamed "GET THE **** AWAY FROM MY GOD DAMNED HOUSE!!" and i punched our front door, only trying to make a noise to scare him, but i ended up punching THROUGH the first layer of the door, hard enough to apparently knock the wood surrounding the window to go flying off the window about 3 inches forward, which had to be no less than an inch away from this dudes face. I watched his reaction through the window, and he had a "omg i'm being shot at!!" look and reaction, he stumbled backwards and bolted.

I ran and got my dad out of the bath (now THAT was an awkward moment in and of itself lol, but i digress) and said someone just tried to break into our house, he got pants on and we both ran outside to see if he was still there, and we saw him a good 2 blocks down the street by that point, no point in trying to chase him.

Anyways the cops were called, we found out he fucked with the cars, actually propped the garage open to slide under, opened our back door (i assume so he could slip in, take something light and leave quickly), etc. Gave the report, had them search (cop cars were going up and down the road once i called 911 before the cop actually came to our house, i assume they didn't catch him) for him, then we went back in and couldn't sleep.

At this point my dad pointed out "hey, your hand looks busted up", i looked down and realized my hand was dripping blood, i had a huge inch long gash inbetween my first 2 knuckles, and giant slivers of wood sticking out of my hand, as well as wood chips embedded in the cuts lol. I cleaned it up the best i could, and put some antibiotic stuff on it, bandaged it, and after about 2 more hours of being shaken up finally went to bed.

Fast forward to tonight (12:30am on friday), it's healing up, scabbed over, can finally close my fist all the way again, and i can definitely tell it's going to scar if it hasn't started to already (it's like a big indent). I was told by someone to try Aquafor or the off brand version, i guess it's the stuff people put on tattoos to help them heal up better and he said it should help with the scarring a bit, just curious if anyone has any suggestions for similar injuries or cuts. Thanks for listening to my long winded story :D

EDIT: Aw i edited this to have rage faces to make it more interesting to read lol, i think i accidentally posted the story twice? My bad.
    Last edited by shotokanbjj; 2/24/2012 12:38am at .

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 12:56am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A salve made from calendula will help reduce scarring, if you add comfrey to the salve it will speed healing up as well. Look around online and you will probably find someone selling it. Alternately keep the scar as a reminder to not punch doors! On the up side that guy probably **** his pants. ;D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    A salve made from calendula will help reduce scarring, if you add comfrey to the salve it will speed healing up as well. Look around online and you will probably find someone selling it. Alternately keep the scar as a reminder to not punch doors! On the up side that guy probably **** his pants. ;D
    Do you think that would help even if the scar already starts to form? How about if i already have scars? If you think it will i will definitely look for it :) I'm just concerned that it's been too many days now :(

LOL ya, if you could have seen his eyes man, it made the gash on my hand totally worth it, it was the most awesome "omg i'm gonna die!!" back track while staring forward wide eyed fearful look i've ever seen lol. I think the fact he had been messing around with our cars/house for probably a solid 10 mins prior to that (based on what we found with the cars afterwords) with no one bothering him only to suddenly have part of a door go flying towards his face would more than likely cause anal leakage :) I sincerely hope he got hit by a car later that night.

Only downside is now we're paranoid as ****, been very hard to go to sleep the past few nights, and every little noise i hear makes me think something is wrong ya know? I will say this though, if he comes back or anyone else comes here, and doesn't have a gun, the next time i'm going to do a hell of alot worse than mess up my hand on a door and scare them if you catch my drift >: (

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 2:10am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you... a hand model?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 6:26am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotokanbjj View Post
    i slipped a beater and pants on
    This is a wife beater, right? aka a singlet? pics?

Also, something something gash lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    What are you... a hand model?
    lol no sir, but i'd rather it heal up than scar as bad as it's going to :P

Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    This is a wife beater, right? aka a singlet? pics?

Also, something something gash lol.
    ya wife beater lol. If i posted pics of myself in a wife beater i'd single handedly win the internet, so i'll pass ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 10:36am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once acquired a pretty sweet gash on my forearm during a drunken board-breaking session. I was holding a board for a friend and when it broke a chunk of it embedded itself in my forearm.* My non-medically trained friend was kind enough to disinfect the wound using some of the home-made gin that had been sitting in a vat untouched for the best part of 5 years. I dressed the wound myself the day after and left it. After a few days the flesh had basically rotted. I encouraged my girlfriend to have a sniff of it. She was sick in her mouth.

Happily for me, and by extension you, there has been no permanent scarring.

*hint for prospective board-breakers: don't use bits of that shitty old kitchen that's just been ripped out of your shared house, and don't do it after a 12-hour session on cider/7-a-side football/karaoke

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    I once acquired a pretty sweet gash on my forearm during a drunken board-breaking session. I was holding a board for a friend and when it broke a chunk of it embedded itself in my forearm.* My non-medically trained friend was kind enough to disinfect the wound using some of the home-made gin that had been sitting in a vat untouched for the best part of 5 years. I dressed the wound myself the day after and left it. After a few days the flesh had basically rotted. I encouraged my girlfriend to have a sniff of it. She was sick in her mouth.

Happily for me, and by extension you, there has been no permanent scarring.

*hint for prospective board-breakers: don't use bits of that shitty old kitchen that's just been ripped out of your shared house, and don't do it after a 12-hour session on cider/7-a-side football/karaoke
    that sounds nasty as hell bro lol. My main concern is the fact i already have some pretty nasty scars on my hand, and one is right by his new potential one, so i'm afraid this is going to scar just as badly :(

I got some off brand Aquafor that someone suggested, it's the stuff they put on tattoos i guess, been applying that 1-2 times a day on all the parts of my hand that are cut up.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 8:23pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pics or didn't happen. This appears to be more of a "listen to how cool I am" thread than a "I'm seriously concerned about scars" thread. Show us a picture of your hand or the damage you inflicted to your door.

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 11:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Pics or didn't happen. This appears to be more of a "listen to how cool I am" thread than a "I'm seriously concerned about scars" thread. Show us a picture of your hand or the damage you inflicted to your door.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of,
    "My angst got the better of me; so while doors and walls don't hit back they sure do hurt to punch.
    Maybe I can spin this into a cool story for a bunch of strangers to assuage my ego..."