Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 11:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pot Smoke vs Cigarette Smoke PT Forum silliness

Your athletic abilities may be fine, but your common sense is impaired, otherwise you'd avoid talking about how you break the law every day in a public forum.

As an ex-Marlboro smoker and asthmatic I can say that smoking and exercising have no place at the same table and quitting the Reds was the best decision I've made in a long time.

Smoking definitely impairs the chi flow, and by that I mean your breathing. That's well established medical science.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 1:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Hole View Post
    Your athletic abilities may be fine, but your common sense is impaired, otherwise you'd avoid talking about how you break the law every day in a public forum.

As an ex-Marlboro smoker and asthmatic I can say that smoking and exercising have no place at the same table and quitting the Reds was the best decision I've made in a long time.

Smoking definitely impairs the chi flow, and by that I mean your breathing. That's well established medical science.
    "Breaking the law" just doesn't mean the same thing since Bill Clinton didn't inhale and didn't have sexual relations with that woman.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 10:22am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thread is about marijuana use guy, you serious?

As an ex-Marlboro smoker and asthmatic
    And you say TS has impaired common sense?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 8:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what is more taxing on ones athletic lungs, smoking marijuana regularly and living in the country or being a non user and living in an area with above levels of air pollution?

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 8:39pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudenoodle View Post
    I wonder what is more taxing on ones athletic lungs, smoking marijuana regularly and living in the country or being a non user and living in an area with above levels of air pollution?
    Seriously? You're comparing sucking in smoke to the odd particulate?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    Seriously? You're comparing sucking in smoke to the odd particulate?
    Yes I am, breathing in polluted air 24 hours a day versus breathing in marijuana smoke for however many minutes a day.

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 9:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thread is about marijuana use guy, you serious?
    You don't see a difference between talking about pot and athletics, and posting details about your smoking drug habits in a public forum with numerous law enforcement members

Maybe you're too stoned to.

Something tells me it's still a crime in Stevesville, Michigan.

Seriously, though, as far as exercise, cigarettes and pot have exactly the same effect on the lungs:

• Your lung efficiency decreases
    • your "lung age" increases
    • your body processes oxygen less and less efficiently
    • Tar buildup (carbon) in the lungs
    • Later in life this will lead to things like coronary heart disease, poor circulation, emphysema, chronic bronchitis...the list goes on.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/23/2011 9:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, though, as far as exercise, cigarettes and pot have exactly the same effect on the lungs:
    Do you truly believe that the average Cannibus user inhales as much smoke per day as the average Tobacco user? And also believe the two plants to produce the same smoke?

Ok..

• your "lung age" increases
      • your body processes oxygen less and less efficiently
      • Tar buildup (carbon) in the lungs
      • Later in life this will lead to things like coronary heart disease, poor circulation, emphysema, chronic bronchitis...the list goes on.
    The piles of dead bodies per year are astounding. As is the soft science term "lung age".

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 10:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you truly believe that the average Cannibus user inhales as much smoke per day as the average Tobacco user? And also believe the two plants to produce the same smoke?

As is the soft science term "lung age".
    Smoke is smoke, it is partially combusted organic matter, whatever else is in it is extra. In the case of tobacco its chemicals, preservatives. In the case of street pot you can't really know what's in it...pesticides, for instance.

Yep, that pot you are smoking might have been sprayed with all sorts of chemical ****.

Smoke of ANY kind damages your lungs. It doesn't matter what the material is, it clogs the areoli, prematurely ages the lungs, inhibits oxygen absorption, and so on. The chemical/carcinogen factor merely makes things worse.

As far as "soft science", I can tell how young and naive you are.

Apparently the National Institute of Health doesn't think it's "soft science".

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/004011.htm

I'm trying to point out you might just be making a bad choice to smoke regularly and exercise, regardless of the substance.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/23/2011 10:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Smoke is smoke,
    You make this statement and then go on to say that anything other than the organic matter is "just extra". Do you not see the contridiction in this?

it is partially combusted organic matter, whatever else is in it is extra.

In the case of tobacco its chemicals, preservatives. In the case of street pot you can't really know what's in it...pesticides, for instance.
    Pesticides why make an assumption the thread is Marijuanas effect on the body not the possible pesticides that could be used on it.

Yep, that pot you are smoking might have been sprayed with all sorts of chemical ****.
    And there may be a razor in your apple at halloween...

Smoke of ANY kind damages your lungs.
    Again when you think of someone using cannibus you obviously picture someone nervously chain smoking stick after stick of tobacco. How much Cannibus would you say think the average user smokes a day is? In your mind it would seem as though you imagine haybales of marijuana being smoked.

The chemical/carcinogen factor merely makes things worse.
    When was it proven that cannibus causes cancer? As for it being sprayed with cancer causing chemicals before harvested it is just an assumption. Not all marijuana plants need pesticides in order to grow healthy.

As far as "soft science", I can tell how young and naive you are.

Apparently the National Institute of Health doesn't think it's "soft science".
    Yes "lung age" means nothing difinitive and is impossible to prove other than the literal meaning of the term.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast